Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

OSW 2night

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OSW 2night

Hey all, Ill be out there with the Chevelle. Hopefully Ill get some good one wheel wonder burnouts too on tape. If anyone goes look for the primered 72 chevelle.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

So I got a good vid of my burnout. I had lots of family there, I was so excited that I forgot to shift out of 1st and I dont know how high my revs went up. Im guessing somewhere bwteeen 7-8k maybe higher. Since my pulleys are a tad off, something happened and my waterpump is gone and all my coolant is at the track. Tow home cost 130. So I basically paid $145 to run my car and coast to an 18sec 1/4 Not to mention all the stuff I am now going to have to fix. haha but on a more optimistic note, I think I will post the vid of my sick *** burnout when my dad sensd it
Old 11-26-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i saw you out there didnt know it was you but remember the car i was lined up behind you when all your coolant came out. that sucks about your the water pump ill have to remember to look for your car next time when you get it fixed. I would love to have a 71-72 chevelle with a LSx in it.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:04 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
So I got a good vid of my burnout. I had lots of family there, I was so excited that I forgot to shift out of 1st and I dont know how high my revs went up. Im guessing somewhere bwteeen 7-8k maybe higher. Since my pulleys are a tad off, something happened and my waterpump is gone and all my coolant is at the track. Tow home cost 130. So I basically paid $145 to run my car and coast to an 18sec 1/4 Not to mention all the stuff I am now going to have to fix. haha but on a more optimistic note, I think I will post the vid of my sick *** burnout when my dad sensd it
That sucks about your car , things break when you dragrace thats just part of the cost.
So I guess if you ran an 18sec run you must have driven the car down the track and put fluid ALL THE WAY down the track making for a very long cleanup. Usually a good experianced dragracer pulls over to the guardrail and stops when they break so as not to destroy the track for everyone else!!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Regular

That's sad to hear, but at least your family came out to see it.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

He ran the 18 1/4 without shifting correct. Then he lined up to run again and the fluids spilled out after the burnout. So they pushed it back from the starting line. I hate when people do that **** but my friend did not. He knows better LOL. Just trying to clear that picture up for you Caveman.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
i saw you out there didnt know it was you but remember the car i was lined up behind you when all your coolant came out. that sucks about your the water pump ill have to remember to look for your car next time when you get it fixed. I would love to have a 71-72 chevelle with a LSx in it.
Yea I remember seeing you behind me. On the run I broke the waterpump I was running another sweet nbm SS it looked like. He was cool and stayed behind me and let me pull over off the track and everything.

Originally Posted by Caveman
That sucks about your car , things break when you dragrace thats just part of the cost.
So I guess if you ran an 18sec run you must have driven the car down the track and put fluid ALL THE WAY down the track making for a very long cleanup. Usually a good experianced dragracer pulls over to the guardrail and stops when they break so as not to destroy the track for everyone else!!
Actually, I am in no way anything close to a veteran when dragracing, but likewise I am no newb either. Honestly I was freaking the f out and didnt even think to pull over, but I do remember looking back to see if everything was stopped because of me dumping something on the track, and they only hesitated til I got off the track ofcourse, and then resumed right away which means I dont think I dumped much of anything on the track or "ALL THE WAY down" But anyways Im glad I didnt.

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
That's sad to hear, but at least your family came out to see it.
haha yea. I was actually hoping to run a decent time, but atleast they all said the burnout and launch was nice.