Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Hello! Noob from St. Cloud!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! Noob from St. Cloud!

Hey guys!

I've been reading along LS1tech for 2 or 3 years now, and have finally just gotten my first LS1. Its a 2002 M6 Z28. I am also 20 years old, soon to be 21 (next month).

So far with this car, I bought it 100% completely stock, even down to the paper air filter. Its fully loaded, black on black. I am 2nd owner and it seems to be pretty well taken care of, it has 95,000 miles.

I came from the 3rd gen group, had an 87 Trans Am with a ZZ502 in it. My best times with it was 12.3 @ 117 with a 2.3XX 60' on 315/60/15 drag radials. I have now noticed, since I have gotten my new car that there are a ton of 4th gens around my area, and quite a few are 98+.

Anybody in or real close to St. Cloud/Kissimmee area? I sure do need some tips on this M6. I learned how to drive stick the day I drove it off the lot. And to make matters worse, it was about 4-5 weeks ago when it was pouring rain for a week constantly.

Funny thing is, the guy I bought it from said... "Rev her up to about 5,000 and dump the clutch, and between here and that brick building over there.... You'll learn how to drive stick".

Well, thats a little bit of info about myself. Lemme know how many of you guys are near, and what places you may meet up at. There are a lot of car clubs in Orlando/Central Florida, so I am sure there are a ton of you around!

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-12-2007, 09:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BigB02Z28
Hey guys!

I've been reading along LS1tech for 2 or 3 years now, and have finally just gotten my first LS1. Its a 2002 M6 Z28. I am also 20 years old, soon to be 21 (next month).

So far with this car, I bought it 100% completely stock, even down to the paper air filter. Its fully loaded, black on black. I am 2nd owner and it seems to be pretty well taken care of, it has 95,000 miles.

I came from the 3rd gen group, had an 87 Trans Am with a ZZ502 in it. My best times with it was 12.3 @ 117 with a 2.3XX 60' on 315/60/15 drag radials. I have now noticed, since I have gotten my new car that there are a ton of 4th gens around my area, and quite a few are 98+.

Anybody in or real close to St. Cloud/Kissimmee area? I sure do need some tips on this M6. I learned how to drive stick the day I drove it off the lot. And to make matters worse, it was about 4-5 weeks ago when it was pouring rain for a week constantly.

Funny thing is, the guy I bought it from said... "Rev her up to about 5,000 and dump the clutch, and between here and that brick building over there.... You'll learn how to drive stick".

Well, thats a little bit of info about myself. Lemme know how many of you guys are near, and what places you may meet up at. There are a lot of car clubs in Orlando/Central Florida, so I am sure there are a ton of you around!

Thanks,
Brandon

First tip i can give for driving stick in that car, if it hasnt been done already get the CAGS turned off(the skip shift light that comes on in your guage cluster and forces you into fourth gear), that could really mess you up if your just learning lol
Old 08-12-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
First tip i can give for driving stick in that car, if it hasnt been done already get the CAGS turned off(the skip shift light that comes on in your guage cluster and forces you into fourth gear), that could really mess you up if your just learning lol
ditto on that one, also go to WS6store.com and get you a short stick, makes shifting alot easier
Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

congrats on the new whip, lets see some pics!

welcome aboard.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys,

Am I the only one whom the CAGS does not bother? lol. I don't think it would be bad if I had a better gear, since with the 3.42's and if just cruising through town it wants you to toss in into 4th at about 20 mph, which the motor kinda bogs...

But yea, the CAGS really did confuse me when first driving it. If it wasn't from reading about it on the board prior to buying the car, I probably would have thought something was wrong.

I am in the market for an aftermarket shifter but don't know which to buy. From a few threads I've been thinking of going w/ the hurst shifter, and Lou's short stick, or something of the sort. I saw it as a combo package on one of the sponsors page, but I don't remember who.

How do I post pictures? I read forums a lot, but I don't tend to post much. Knowledge Speaks, Wisdom Listens... =]

Until then, if you have a myspace, theres a couple crappy ones on www.myspace.com/bigblockta
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

I have the factory hurst with the lss and like it, it was a lot better than the stock junk they had in their. if you want good.. get a pro 5.0 with lss... they sell a package on afterthoughtsauto.com
Old 08-12-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where at in St Cloud are you?

Quick Reply: Hello! Noob from St. Cloud!