Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

the HE15MAN ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default the HE15MAN ???

regaurdless of if you hate him (TEBOW) do you think he will win it?

i think its going to be a close race between tebow and dixon but i still think he could win the it and he does deserves it.

hopefully dixon has a shitty game next week LOL

and if he doesnt win it this year im sure next year he will be a shoe in. but how cool would it be to win it this year and next.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he did a great job but never been a soph. to grab the heisman. Guess we'll see after the next 2 games (hopefully 3 with SEC championship) when the votes that count are tallied. Dixon is definately a tough competitor.

Derek
Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he wont win it as there are two bad *** running backs in Ark, one of whom will win it! lol

teabow is having an incredible season but hiesman voters dont like newbies.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

he won't win for the same rason Rex didn't win.. He's a sophmore.

also gators have 3 losses which don't look good either.

I think Dixon from Oregon will win..
Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

dixon's not good, he's not played near as many teams as tebow has, that are quality....his stats are nowhere near tebow's....and im sick of people judging a team for the heisman instead of the player....this is A M...V...P....award....not the "best team" award...

every game he's played including the losse's tebow's had sick stats....he should get more votes for being younger and being so good....it'd be idiotic to think otherwise

macphadden hasnt had the year i thought he would....its been good, but in spurts....

tebow's set a SEC record for td's rushed in a season by a QB...he just broke a record EMMITT SMITH held in the SEC and he's got oooo i dont know about 4000 all purpose yards and 40 something td's with only 5 int's.....

against UGA, UT, LSU, UA and UK.....all of whom are ranked....he is the most valuable player on any team....dixon is just another pat white....
Old 11-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Banned

mcfad has had a roller coaster year, and has been extremely inconsistent, ESPN just hypes up the flavor of the week so they have a story to run.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
regaurdless of if you hate him (TEBOW) do you think he will win it?

i think its going to be a close race between tebow and dixon but i still think he could win the it and he does deserves it.

hopefully dixon has a shitty game next week LOL

and if he doesnt win it this year im sure next year he will be a shoe in. but how cool would it be to win it this year and next.
I will just straight up say it. Theres no way he'll win this year. No matter what. Next year though, maybe!

No 3 loss QB can win the heisman. Plain and simple.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jessedale98
I will just straight up say it. Theres no way he'll win this year. No matter what. Next year though, maybe!

so if dixon has a horrible game next week who do you do think should win. i dont think there is anyone else that should win it.

i guess they will pull one out of a hat from one of the top three teams huh and that will be bullshit..

i hope florida gets to play LSU so they can beat them and then he will get it for sure
Old 11-12-2007, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
dixon's not good, he's not played near as many teams as tebow has, that are quality....his stats are nowhere near tebow's....and im sick of people judging a team for the heisman instead of the player....this is A M...V...P....award....not the "best team" award...
I agree, however no sophmore has won it, nor will one this year.

I thought McFadden should have won last year, but they gave it to Troy Smith. Who did Ohio state play?

I think if ever a sophmore could win this could be the year. But I just don't see it.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

well someone stole my SSU avatar

and tell me why should tebow be held responsible for his defense sucking in 3 games....?...in those three losse's he out performed the other QB
Old 11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

Why are you guys leaving out the hawiian QB? What about Mizzou's QB? If he wins out big, he will win it.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:29 PM
12 Second Club

Why are you guys leaving out the hawiian QB? What about Mizzou's QB? If he wins out big, he will win it.
Colt Brennan hasnt played many good teams..he has thrown for 12 int....for comparison Tebow, Dixon and Bradford combined have 13. Brennan has put up some serious yardage but thats the kinda offense they run..will see if it works for him with the heismen.

The thing so amazing about Tebow is his rushing ability...he has 720ish yards and 19 rushing touchdowns...there isnt a single quarterback close to him in that department.

Someone i would keep my eye on is Graham Harrel from Texas Tech..he has thrown for something like 46 TDs and has almsot twice the total yardage has many of the top ranked guys, including Tebow and Dixon. If he keeps this up and plays NFL...he will be a hell of a fantasy player.

Dont let this fool you...im gonna continue to swing from the nuts of Tim Tebow..i went to school there and will always be a Gator!

P.S. someone make Kestahn Moore stop dropping the ball so much. Wait...just starting going to Caldwell and Harvin more!
Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
mcfad has had a roller coaster year, and has been extremely inconsistent, ESPN just hypes up the flavor of the week so they have a story to run.
i agree...he is a great player but looking at his stats...he is behind..he is almost 350 yards behind the number one rusher, Forte, and doesnt have huge TDs number to back it up. Someone i really like as a RB is Moreno from Georgia..he can move.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
i agree...he is a great player but looking at his stats...he is behind..he is almost 350 yards behind the number one rusher, Forte, and doesnt have huge TDs number to back it up. Someone i really like as a RB is Moreno from Georgia..he can move.
thats cuz Tulane doesn't have a QB and runs 85% of the time...

Tebow won't and shouldn't win... If you wanna talk about what player is most valuable to his team, the talk starts and stops in Morgantown... Pat White is the most dynamic player in college football... And bitch all you want about his stats not being the same as Tebow's, but I've watched at least 4 games this year where he was taken out at halftime or midway through the second quarter; they even sat him out after the first quarter in the MSU game after getting a 28-0 lead... The only game WVU lost this year was because (maybe) Pat White was hurt and unable to continue to play... Plus the SEC is a hodge-podge of mediocre teams beating the crap out of each other... Three teams from the SEC are legit, the rest are crap... I would put the top 3 in the Big East vs the top 3 in the SEC anyday, and am fairly confident the Big East would win two out of the three...

But yeah, if Pat White has three big games in the next three weeks, and if all the pieces fall into place for WVU to play in the NC, then yea, Pat White will win it, but until then it is Dixon's to lose...
Old 11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS
thats cuz Tulane doesn't have a QB and runs 85% of the time...

Tebow won't and shouldn't win... If you wanna talk about what player is most valuable to his team, the talk starts and stops in Morgantown... Pat White is the most dynamic player in college football... And bitch all you want about his stats not being the same as Tebow's, but I've watched at least 4 games this year where he was taken out at halftime or midway through the second quarter; they even sat him out after the first quarter in the MSU game after getting a 28-0 lead... The only game WVU lost this year was because (maybe) Pat White was hurt and unable to continue to play... Plus the SEC is a hodge-podge of mediocre teams beating the crap out of each other... Three teams from the SEC are legit, the rest are crap... I would put the top 3 in the Big East vs the top 3 in the SEC anyday, and am fairly confident the Big East would win two out of the three...

But yeah, if Pat White has three big games in the next three weeks, and if all the pieces fall into place for WVU to play in the NC, then yea, Pat White will win it, but until then it is Dixon's to lose...

The Big East will never be able to handle the SEC...the SEC has to much depth. I dont see WVU, Rutgers, or Connecticut beating LSU, Auburn, Georgia or Florida.

Stats are stats.....White has only thrown for 11 touchdowns. Tebow has thrown for 23 touchdowns playing a schedule where 6 of the 10 teams were at one point or another in or close to the top 10. We will see in the upcoming weeks how good White is. yall have two good games coming up. White does though, like Tebow, run the ball very well. A large amount of people also underestimated the SEC last year...that ended up in a 41-14 BCS win for the gators...
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

All I know is WVU is 3-0 against the SEC during his tenure... And didn't USF walk into Jordan-Hare and beat Auburn??? Plus everyone with a brain knew the Big 10 was and still is an overrated conference...

And about the stats, I addressed that issue: Rodriguez doesn't run up the score and keep his starters in til the fourth when they are up by 40... The Heisman has historically gone to the best player on the best team in the country with a few anomalies mixed in... But yeah, I stand by my statement about the Big East and the SEC being damn near close to each other in terms of competiveness within the conference... If you go look at the power rankings of the conference, the SEC is 1 and the Big East is a close 2, based on out of conference play...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

The best player never wins the Heisman. Who cares. I stopped caring when Julius Peppers didn't win. He was the best Defensive End I had ever seen, the best defensive player period I have seen in my lifetime, and arguably one of the greatest college football players of all time. How many other Defensive Ends in history played like Deion Sanders in pass coverage, intercepting ***** and returning them for touchdowns? Try NONE. Truly a freakish player and wasn't even considered or invited to NY. It's a beauty contest that is utterly meaningless

The best 4 players I have seen with my own two eyes are Moreno from Georgia, Tebow from FL, McFadden at Arkansas, and Chris Long at Virginia. Dickson will probably win the Heisman and none of those guys.

Both West Virginia guys are good, but unlike the last 2 years they haven't done anything spectacular this year but do have great #s.

As for Big East vs. SEC, in actuality the Big East has a very good record head to head vs. SEC in recent years.

Quick Reply: the HE15MAN ???