Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

shop relocation to florida, good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just move next to bradenton 1/4 mile track. You could be around car people whenever you wanted to.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mullet
Where in upstate? I came from Bingo, and I remember wrenching in the winter in the heated garage. The car culture seemed full of Street Rods and the likes there, and it would only run from May to Sept. Florida is nice because of the year round weather and has a great cult.

With all the snowbirds and relocates here (yea, me included), you would be right at home.

I'm in Binghamton now, I grew up in whitney point. The car scene has really been dwindling over the last 5-10 years along with the population and economy.

The idea behind the move is to be able to open a small fab shop to go along with my current business. Over the years I've built everything from a lowrider to custom sportbikes, the pic in my avatar is one of the first one's we did. My specialty is turbo system's but I love pretty much anything car and bike related.

So far most of the posts have been pretty positive, I just need to focus on an area I guess and try to figure out what, where and when.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Teching In

I can say that Binghamton sucks. Your Mayor is a real freak with his flying the gay pride flag at City Hall.

My family still is there, but don't want to leave. My dad goes through a lot of 50s customs (he had a green '51 chopped Merc. since 83, but sold it last year) and even he said the scene is dying. I always hated the fact that one has to park the nice cars in the winter.

I vote Tampa for you too. The area is nice and business should do well. There are many folks here with a lot more spending cash. And we have NHL hockey, so you can't go wrong.

Quick Reply: shop relocation to florida, good idea?