Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help (PETER APS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Big bird you should either install your turbos and see how they work..not all of them are duds. And still haven't found one c5 or gto car with them that has a problem at least no one answered my query on those c5 or gto forums and those that did said no problem and they have the same turbos we do.

Or trade them up to the upgraded ones. Not sure why you are so fixated on the GT35R. they flow around 65 pounds same as upgraded aps do. They are as far as I know totally non rebuildable. They will stay spooled up slightly better between shifts and might spool up slightly sooner than the upgraded aps turbos.

And I can already tell you that the standard turbos are plenty powerful especially on 370 or even 402 or 408.

Gt35 r sound like pretty big hassle . But hey its your time and money broh whatever you think is best, its your car.And part of me is curius to see how gt 35rs will fit on there. Msd has smaller starter also its required on the upgraded aps kit.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redoing APS discharge pipes

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Yes I was referring to where the sway bar hits. It has been a while since we have done an APS kit on an f body and I don't recall if this oval tubing would work out or not. You can also buy the pieces to go back to standard tubing. Bob

Bob,Do you carry this oval piping in 2 1/4'' like the APS piping is right above the sway bar? Im redoing my drivers and maybe the passanger side pipes and think this may be the ticket for what im trying to do!I was actually thinking of running this oval piping along the top of the k member above the mount bolts thus giving more more side room also ,so my tires dont hit the pipe when my wheels are turned all the way in to the left or right. I'll run it above a k member mount bolts so the sway bar doesnt hit and also wont have to worry about it hitting the shock either being its oval .thanks for posting this pic!Can i get this in longer lengths too?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will probably have to machine the exhaust manifolds as APS's are off set to one side. I have twin 67's with the speed inc kit and I purchased the MSD aps starter cause the summit one I had was giving me problems, but to clock it right you will have to have a piece tig welded on to the mounting plate which I am currently doing. Contacted APS to see if they sold theres seperatly and well you guessed it they don't sell it seperately lol! Wasn't a big deal I was just looking for other alternatives from what I did. GL!
Jeff
Old 02-22-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

how much HP can the APS kit put out? are there any turbo kits (twin or single) out there for the F-Body that will do 1000+rwhp and is A/C compatable?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The upgraded turbos from APS are supposed to be 1000 rwhp capable. OFI had a kit I don't know if it is still available The Speed inc kit like I and Onfire had have done it but not in production anymore also.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Aps kits keep the air conditioning. Small kit was rated 50 lb /min per turbo which is about 1000 engine or 800 auto at 20%, 850 m6 at 15% loss.
Bigger kit rated at 65 lb/min or 1300 engine so should do 1000 or so rwhp even with auto.
I got different housings to install on my standard kit,just off ebay. Supposed to be upgraded wheel but not expecting past 50lb/min out of them.I am pretty sure the upgraded kit has larger compressor inlets than the standard kit.

Quick Reply: need help (PETER APS)