Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Warhawk dropped sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe World initially had some blocks which were not sleved correctly. I know they have since acknoledged and addressed the problem. I have one in my car which is running without an issue.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real quick I googled also. But what is the best way to do sleeves? I talk to a tech at Katech and they freez the sleeves and drop the sleeves in and slowly bring it up to temp. I also read about pressing sleeves. just courious on who deals with them.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Real quick I googled also. But what is the best way to do sleeves? I talk to a tech at Katech and they freez the sleeves and drop the sleeves in and slowly bring it up to temp. I also read about pressing sleeves. just courious on who deals with them.
that freezing idea sounds good, but its just the opposite of heating up the block right?

Again, I hope its an issue that has been already addressed by World, because id hate to have that problem on my engine
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

So are they actually not fully installed or Eroding the block???? In the Diesel world the Catapillar inline 6's do this (cast iron liner or sleeve on a cast iron block) the problem solver is to machine or cut the block to accept a SS ring that fits between the sleeve and the block, that seems to stop or absorbs the eroison, once that is done it the blocks are fine, they go a million miles (no exageration) between overhauls.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

with the sleeves moving in blocks,
it all comes back to install methods, and or wrong machining

i know with the sbc sleeves, i put a ledge on the top of sleeve to recess into parent cast metal,
stops ALL sleeve movement down..
if the sleeve falls down far enough....
will make a BIG mess

ash
Old 12-30-2008, 08:14 AM
Launching!

When my liners sank ,i rang world and there response was that they havent heard off any doing so . In Aust some builders are having the same issues , but when the block is refaced there isnt a problem . just a little photo off blown head gaskets which were the sce titan fusion .
Attached Thumbnails Warhawk dropped sleeves-tony-s-head-gasket-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Warhawk dropped sleeves