Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

turbo v6 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo v6 camaro

what up guys,i was just wondering how hard it would be to piece together a turbo kit for my v6 camaro(3.4).i wanted to make it rear mount so i wouldnt need to buy an intercooler right away,plus i have a friend that works at a muffler who might be able to hook me up.1st is how much much can my motor take?if i do this i plan on only running around 5-7psi would that be safe? and also would 305 injector drop right in?any info will help.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eianramos
what up guys,i was just wondering how hard it would be to piece together a turbo kit for my v6 camaro(3.4).i wanted to make it rear mount so i wouldnt need to buy an intercooler right away,plus i have a friend that works at a muffler who might be able to hook me up.1st is how much much can my motor take?if i do this i plan on only running around 5-7psi would that be safe? and also would 305 injector drop right in?any info will help.
Talk to Tiago on this board. He has several V6 customers.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^That, and try here: www.fullthrottlev6.com. There are plenty of people with turbo v6s there, Tiago and some of his projects among them. 3.4 is a little trickier, but there are some around.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

full throttle is a good place to find info on the v6 turbo builds, you might be better off with the 3800 series but I'd check ^ that site.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would drop an l67 in there (obviously not use the supercharger for clearance issues). and l67's can take quite allot of punishment if tuned properly. the motor loves boost.

building a turbo kit will not be cheap.

you have to buy a waste gate (if turbo does not have an internal one)
turbo
blow off
injectors
fuel pump
clutch ?
more...

and there could be more things that need to be done to the engine ( eg harder valve springs to prevent valve float under boost)

good luck