turbo damaged worried?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crashly
listern to the turbo repair guys,
get the comp wheel changed out..

i see this heaps , on the large diesel comp wheels, it's from stress.
the older cast wheels have a shelf life.
the newer type wheels get the "HIP" proceess, that de stresses the material, and are more 'dense" , easier to balance, and are less prone to fly apart...

better to be safer than sorry, if the wheel is ok, then fine.
what will it cost if you take the chance , and it flies to pieces ?????...

i know what i would do......
its the turbine that we are talking abiut here... Dr.turbo hasnt even seen it
Old 02-05-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike06tork
its the turbine that we are talking abiut here... Dr.turbo hasnt even seen it

fair enough, this is why i may that comment,
the original poster only spoke about the exducer of the wheel, both comp and turbine have that...

if it the turbine wheel...
makes it worse, more likely to fly apart from the heat etc...

quote:
We can rebuild them in-house for you. We carry the compressor wheels on the shelf.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ Well ok whatever you say then. i you havent even seen it and thats just buisness you running so just re-build it right when it works fine on me with not a single problem. When i took off the turbo everything looked fine it must be very little lines in the turbo like around 2-4mm small cause i didnt even notice sumthing wrong the turbine wheel looks compleate.the turbo is not missing any pieces on the wheel. And that always happens when you ask sumone with a buisness they say its going to break this and that so they say it needs a re-build...thats buisness. How many people have we seen with this problem im pretty sure its nothing bad.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

take to cover off and post some pics
Old 02-07-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike06tork
^^^ Well ok whatever you say then. i you havent even seen it and thats just buisness you running so just re-build it right when it works fine on me with not a single problem. When i took off the turbo everything looked fine it must be very little lines in the turbo like around 2-4mm small cause i didnt even notice sumthing wrong the turbine wheel looks compleate.the turbo is not missing any pieces on the wheel. And that always happens when you ask sumone with a buisness they say its going to break this and that so they say it needs a re-build...thats buisness. How many people have we seen with this problem im pretty sure its nothing bad.
You know your product and for the op he may be stressing over nothing But Dr turbo knows his ****, On top of that why put a used turbo on anything? I would rebuild it for pice of mind or buy one new. Both parties run the risk of what if's. Hecan put the turbo on and kaboom it takes out his motor with it then what? To the op if you have a question on the turbo or it looks odd send it in the pro's may see somthing you dont. And for forceinductions those guys wont sell you somthing for profit these guys stand behind everything they put their hands on.

PS I dont join bandwagons this isjust my op.

Quick Reply: turbo damaged worried?