Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

knock retard

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default knock retard

I have been getting knock every now and then and have been doing different things to verify if it's false or real. I could not hear an audible knock which was good news, but this has been bothering me for awhile. I finally figured out that my downpipe is running right under my k member and making contact with it. So, when I shift hard....voila knock!
Just thought I would share for those running downpipe making contact with k member.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got to do that new downpipe setup for you, ill let you know when i start working my regular hours so i can have time to hook you up with that stuff i know you really need it! Check the bottom did you ever brace that downpipe to the k-member so it wouldnt move or hit? The other sections have flexpipes on them so im pretty sure we made that one of the solid points so it wouldnt hit because stuff hitting and showing up as knock has happened to me in the past even N/A with long tubes so i was always cautious of that. Anyways talk to you soon, hopefully we get it figured out quick