Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Build for a novice

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Build for a novice

The new motor came in yesterday from speedinc and I'm going to attempt to pull my old 346 out of the car myself (with some friends) and possibly learn to weld and fabricate my own front mount (leaving remote mount). Primary reason to build this car, to be a highway car from hell... I would like to beat GSXR-1k's and hyabusas. Mainly a roll car

I have many, but not all necessary tools to do the job and I have some, but not all of the knowledge on how to do this. I've never done anything near this complicated (atleast to me).

Parts list:
SpeedInc 370 with 9.2:1 comp ratio
new TC78 from forcedinductions
used ebay intercooler
used previous cam 228/228 .588 .588 115LSA
used 6L heads
new 6L head gaskets, I believe the 5 layer type
used ported stock 78mm throttlebody
new ARP rod bolts
new patriot duals springs
new Vic Jr intake with rails
new elbow from intake elbows for the vic jr
new 79lb high impedence injectors
new in-linne 255lph pump to add to the in-tank 255lph
new mellings oil pump
new double timing chain

Parts I need to order:
BMR turbo K-member
maybe some more suspension mods

Pics:

Old 03-15-2009, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are going to keep the rear mount AND do a front mount?

Unless you have access to a nice welder it would be cheaper to just buy a used front mount kit.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thing you can do IMO is read a ton of build threads. Let them solve the problems for you. If you installed your rear mount, then you know what is involved in a boost application. If you want to build enough power to run with those big bikes, you will need to deal with everything in the drive train. Good Luck
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
You are going to keep the rear mount AND do a front mount?

Unless you have access to a nice welder it would be cheaper to just buy a used front mount kit.
The car will go to a front mount. This car isn't my DD so time on the build isn't too critical. I plan to buy a welder and to teach/learn to weld

Originally Posted by BadgeZ28
The best thing you can do IMO is read a ton of build threads. Let them solve the problems for you. If you installed your rear mount, then you know what is involved in a boost application. If you want to build enough power to run with those big bikes, you will need to deal with everything in the drive train. Good Luck
I've read and read, I've been on the site for 5 years now and 3 of them have been in the Forced Induction. There's only one way to learn the intricate things when it comes to a complete build and that's to get in there and figure it out (while asking questions). The tranny is in decent shape, but wont hold if i plan on making over 700rwhp. it MIGHT hold 600rwhp... and that would be stretching it. It isn't completely stock, minor upgrades