Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rear-mount turbo guys!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
but wouldn't wrapping them work? but then again wouldn't they work for a bigger cubed engine?
You are still wrapping 3x or more the surface area... the wrap reduces the amount of heat loss... but its still 3x what would be lost from wrapped exhaust from Manifold (to the Header collector).. My exhaust is stock 02 Manifolds.. mildly ported... heat coated.. then exhaust wrapped back from the manifold.

Oh... and its on an 408ci motor..
Old 04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by longrange4u
You are still wrapping 3x or more the surface area... the wrap reduces the amount of heat loss... but its still 3x what would be lost from wrapped exhaust from Manifold (to the Header collector).. My exhaust is stock 02 Manifolds.. mildly ported... heat coated.. then exhaust wrapped back from the manifold.

Yea i was gonna get them coated and wrap the rest of the exhaust. Who coated/coats your manifolds???
Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by longrange4u

What y-pipe are you running?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

yea use stock manifolds.. i only have the LT's and ORY still on to make my life easier with all the work i had to do/have done

Quick Reply: Rear-mount turbo guys!!!!!