Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo Oil Leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default STS Turbo Oil Leak problem

I'm having a oil leak problem. I have regular oil leaking from my turbo and milky oil out the exhaust. I put in an oil restrictor on the oil feed line and i have a big shurflo pump to suck the oil out.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

You might be pressurizing the crankcase as I was because my system had a faulty valve up front. Once I learned that the system was pressurizing the crankcase, the problem went away completely. It seems to be a common problem.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

hissin'98

How exactly did you solve the problem because i too am trying to correct the issue.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Restricted User

subscribing!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

are you certain that your oil pump is working? and ensure that the connection for the ignition wire to the PCM that the oil pump connects to is connected good.

if your turbo is a journal bearing turbo, then no need for restrictor, run the pump on FULL (no resistor, just replace resistor with wire) ALL THE TIME. If the pump is not pumping for crap, replace it with a Mocal or turbowerx pump.

Right now I have gotten rid of the switch/breather from STS that mounts at the front of the car and connects to the Valve cover & TB. All I have is a breather and I run my pump on full. AGAIN I have a JOURNAL bearing turbo.

BAll bearing turbos only require 40~psi of oil pressure, so there is a need for a restrictor.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo Oil Leak problem