Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wastegate & blowoff valve install help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Wastegate & blowoff valve install help

I'm finishing up with the install of my Turbotech stuff and need to know how the vacuume lines to the wastegate and blowoff valves are connected.

Can someone help me with that on how to or a link on how?

Much appreciated,

Adam J
Old 11-06-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vacume port on the top of the blow off valve has to go to a vacume source mines tee`d into the vacume lines buy heater box and pcm. the other port on the bottom of the BOV is not connected to anything, it`s a vent. the wastgate is a little complicated if you running a boost controler if you are you need a boost source. I used the port that goes to the evap purge solinoid on the driver side of the intake right behind the throttle body. I removed the hard line and replaced it with a rubber hose. tee into that hose and run that line down to another tee conect one end of the tee into the input on your boost controler and the other end of the tee needs to be connected into the boost port on the side of the wastgate. the port on the top of the wastgate thats marked vacume needs to to be connected onto the outlet on the boost controler. kinda confusing... If your not using a boost controler all you need to do is conect that boost source from the intake onto the side port on the wastegate. There`s probly 4 or 5 differant ways to hook up a boost controler but this is the way it worked best for me. Hope i didn`t confuse you to much.

Quick Reply: Wastegate & blowoff valve install help