Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

FI Noob questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FI Noob questions.

I'm sure this has been posted a zillion times but I've searched and am still unclear on a few things. If I were to order a TT kit for my car, my first question is what should I get in the form of supporting mods? I currently have a 114 LSA cam and from what I've read thats about as close of an LSA you'd want so I think I'm good there. The lift is relatively small and not much duration either. As for injectors, I currently have 42lbers. I can upgrade those to 60 no problem if need be. I don't plan to make more than about 500-550 to the wheels for now since the motor is stock. I think the 42s still have a ilttle left in them though. As far as a pump, I've got a 255 with hotwire kit in there now. I can upgrade to twin intank if need be. Also will be installing the tubular k-member soon. I will be running either an a-pillar which I don't want, or putting the gauge in the AC vent. I don't need any other gauges besides boost. I will also be upgrading to the 2 bar map sensor and 2 bar enhanced HPT. Is there anything I'm missing? Anything special with the PCV system from just a few lbs of boost? I've read of people pushing out rear main seals. I'd like to do whatever I can right the first time. Thanks!

I do have a built t-56, a 3.5" aluminum DS rated to 1K, and a Ford 9" so I think the drivetrain should hold up.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would read through the stickies if I were you...

You say you only need a boost gauge..... do you already have a fuel psi and an AFR gauge? I would consider those on the list....
Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the fuel pressure gauge without question.
You have most of the main mods covered, I would run breathers on any FI setup instead of the PCV.
Keeping the crankcase pressure low will help avoid seal leaks.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a breather on each valve cover should be more then enough for crankcase ventilation in your case.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still running low boost, but I got a catch can and breather, 60's just to be safe, I make a little more than your goals and Im running 60's with only a inline pump, stock intank. AF ratio and fuel pressure gauges are always a good idea.

but read the stickys and do a search you get a lot more info that way, but sounds like you are almost ready to go! good luck