Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help! it cranks but won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all your help guys! As it turns out, one of the wiring from the crank sensor has a break in it, but now I have another bigger problem.......it just never ends for me with this car. So, I just started another thread for it. Again, thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
Thanks for all your help guys! As it turns out, one of the wiring from the crank sensor has a break in it, but now I have another bigger problem.......it just never ends for me with this car. So, I just started another thread for it. Again, thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.
Well at least you know where your problem is now, hope you get it worked out ok.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranks but will not fire. Rarely will.

My 2001 SS was fine. I can hear the fuel pump prime. I have fuel pressure, the valve by the intake sprayed. No spark on each plug wire. Checked each fuse looked good.

MY solution was I had it scanned by a 5k car scanner. The real problem was the security system. The security light does not stay on on most these cars if not all. If you have a chip on your key they use something to clean the metal of the chip like sandpaper and it's not that. That could resolve it. Or check the resistance or resistor switch area on the column. If that's what you wanna call it, I do not have the proper thought at the moment. Whatever your resistance on your key is you need that switch or go the other route and eliminate it and put a resister in to block the chip all together and make a cheap 1-4 dollar key without paying for another chip key. Hope it helped tricky problem..

Quick Reply: Help! it cranks but won't start.