Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Two Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:38 PM
h22
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Two Questions!

#1, Will a stock L92 car manifold work with boost? if so how much?

#2, I've read a few places that a stock (6.0L) cast crank can withstand a lot of boost and make 4 digit HP #'s. If my high end (track day) target HP is 1000 HP, nominal (street)HP is 7-800HP, is it a waist of money to buy a forged crank?
(I must add here that I was planning on stroking this thing to 408, I LOVE the torque! But I also like the idea of building stupid HP numbers on the cheep, and being able to say that it is a stock crank....is just cool!)

Of course i will buy good rods and pistons, that i need no advice on! but I have a somewhat limited budget and want to spend the $$ where most needed!

Thanks, Joe
Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well you have to buy a stroker crank for a 408 so you cant use the stocker

sorry you may have already knew that but just incase

i would say it is all about how deep your pockets are

i think i would just use the stock crank,that is what i did youll save alot of money that way

and yeah for your horsepower range i dont think you would have a problem seeing what alot of guys are doing
Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
h22
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"well you have to buy a stroker crank for a 408 so you cant use the stocker

sorry you may have already knew that but just incase

i would say it is all about how deep your pockets are

i think i would just use the stock crank,that is what i did youll save alot of money that way

and yeah for your horsepower range i dont think you would have a problem seeing what alot of guys are doing"

---- sorry, i wasnt very clear in my question, yea, i know the stoker crank is forged, I was assuming that i would need a forged crank with boost, therefor why not stroke it? but after reading that lots of guys are boosting the snot out of a stock crank.... why bother. what i was looking for was afirmation that using a stock crank is fairly safe. If say 1 out of 4 guys who used a stock crank end up with a broken crank, then i wont gamble, but if broken stock cranks are very rare, then ill use the stock crank.