Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Confusing O2 readings, need expert opinion

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confusing O2 readings, need expert opinion

I recently did some normal driving in my OBD1 z28. I just finished the turbo kit with air to water intercooler. I'm new to the datamaster but as i was going along I stabbed into it a few times for fun. I pulled about 3 or 4 pounds of boost before i let off.
When I went to analyze the data it told me that, when power enrichment was engaged pushing 4 puonds of boost at 3700RPM both O2 sensors were putting out at least 950mV. I'm pretty sure that's rich. But how could that be on a stock computer with untuned boost pressure.
My question is, what should my target O2 readings be and what do the voltages correlate to in terms of AFR? And in tts datamaster what does the mass air sensor readout mean. Is it cubic feet per minute or something?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is ls1 forum primarily. Most don't have or know lt1s. I have lt1 but its obd2 and running jet laptop tuning formerly tunercat.
I assume you are using something to tune the car. Most boosted guys don't use narrowband they are not very accurate. Get a wideband and tune with that.
Most boosted guys will run around 10.5 to 11.5 range .Some play with certain ratio to peak torque and then change it after peak torque. Some just run a constant say 11.1 thru the whole range.
You can go leaner usually if you are running lower boost levels or running higher octane fuel. Timing is important too and you will have to experiment to find best timing.
If you are simply monitoring and not tuning and running stock tune say goodbye very shortly to your engine.
There are some good boards for lt1 cars. Go to camaroz28.com
also go to specific board for your tuning system maybe.

Search this Thread