Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Bypass Valves ---

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bypass Valves ---

Been browsing the forums learning stuff and I came across a thread on another forum reference bypass valves.
I have some newb questions. I’m currently running the Vortech Mondo BPV pictured here I was wondering what is the item circled in yellow?

Second question, is there some type of preventive maintenance I should be doing to it? read a few things about filters and such and I wasn’t sure what to make of it. I faithfully change the charger oil and clean airfilter but havent paid much attention to the BPV.

Last question Procharger Big Red Race Bypass Valve. I would like to swap out the Vortech for it but not sure how it relates to the rest of the system, meaning would it be overkill would it hurt me in any way as far as boost pressure etc or would it be fine? Im running a D1 with 8lbs. Ascetically I like the way it looks and I think it would complement the set up...thoughts? thanks!

Here is a pic of what Im looking at. I would have to have a flange welded on in order to get it to fit. I think this came off Mustang kit
Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The procharger bypass would work fine.....open while in vac and will close at 0
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY procharger red Race BOV close at about 4.5 hg

Quick Reply: Bypass Valves ---