Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well written

Good luck man.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
agreed.

APS has made their money, they dont care now...Cust service sucks at best. Peter has posted a few times but tends to stay away from anything regarding bad turbos on their kit.

side note off topic: nice article in GM high tech on your vehicle...that is your car right?? lol not too many like yours around.
Thanks, yes it is!

Production numbers on 2002 MRM Convertible non-WS6 Trans Am is a whopping nine!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by beatmeofficer
it was one point and only applies to defective products. he's prob not gonna junk and entire stock of turbos that may or may not be defective if he can still sell them. i never said it was right, i was just saying... business doesn't have to be good business. cool car btw

Bad business indeed...

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I couldn’t get a response via PM either but I sent an e-mail to Peter and got a reply in about a day or two. I also e-mailed through the APS website and they were very helpful and quick to respond.

I've got an APS kit installed on my car so this will be interesting watch.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DeepV
i wonder how much longer it will take one of our wonderful admins to lock this up and make it disappear
I think that if this thread gets locked it will be because APS told LS1Tech to do it. Therefore I would treat the situation as if APS just blew me off. (read the "APS, please read this before you post." section of my first post.)

IMO it doesn't really make much sense for him as a business owner and one of the most recognizable turbo setup producers for fbody's to offer his kit with piping and hardware - turbos. he'd end up with a stack of turbos no one wants
It's not my fault or problem that they got a bad batch or cheap knock offs. IMHO, it doesn't really make much sense for him as a business owner and one of the most recognizable turbo setup producers for fbody's to offer his kit with dud turbos, unless he's looking to close his doors.

it's his choice if he wants to sell you the kit without the turbos, he is not obligated to in any fashion and it kinda sounds like you're overreacting to his free-market choice.
I don't think I'm overreacting at all. I know he is not obligated to sell his kit without turbos. His only obligation to me, as a business owner or representative, is to answer my question.

Also, IMO, he has an obligation to make things right with the countless people with dud turbos.

Originally Posted by Brakemotive
Did you try calling them?
I never called them but from what I've always heard is generally calls to APS go like this:

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
the lady answered the phone asked me if i was a dealer. i said "no"
so she said "sorry, call on of our state side dealers. they can help" and while i tried saying they cant help, she hung up.
Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Why not just buy the kit and sell the turbos and call lg for the better ones. The only thing I hear bad about the aps is the recent run of the turbos. The kit is the **** I seen it on a 9 sec TA its clean and it works. Id say buy and dump the turbos and try to recoupe some cheese.
You wanna buy some defective turbos? We'll work out a fair price for new turbos and I'll order up my APS kit. In all seriousness, who would want to buy turbos that have such a bad reputation?

Originally Posted by BLk01SS
I think APS should look into getting turbo's from a leading manfacturer like Precision or Turbonetics, even if there price has to jump alittle. At least for his sake, if someone buys a kit and two weeks after install the turbo goes bad, then he can take it up with the turbo manufacturer. That's how most businesses work anyways. If the business buys something and shortly after install there's a defect then it comes back on the manufacturer. I have the feeling that if he's not listening to anyones complaints about turbo failure, then he must not have a reputiable, backed company that will stand behind there product.

I think that alot of us would feel much better with a name brand turbo in his kit anyways. I think that's one of the things that hurts there vette market. TTi uses turbonetics and there kit offers more versitility.
If APS offered their kits with an option for ball bearing Turbonetics turbos I would have had that kit long ago.

Originally Posted by NemeSS
very well written thread and inquiry.
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
agreed, and unbiased as well
Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
Very legitimate thread. Subscribing.
Originally Posted by 98Ws698
bump : )
Nicely written
Originally Posted by venom ws7
Very well written

Good luck man.
I really did try to stay unbiased. It honestly took me a while to write up this thread and make it sound right. Thank you all for your comments on this thread.

Originally Posted by TNTramair
Peter has posted a few times but tends to stay away from anything regarding bad turbos on their kit.
As I stated in my first post, blowing me off would be a bad move for APS.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MosesMcgregor
I couldn’t get a response via PM either but I sent an e-mail to Peter and got a reply in about a day or two. I also e-mailed through the APS website and they were very helpful and quick to respond.

I've got an APS kit installed on my car so this will be interesting watch.
I'm gonna wait a day or two until I send an e-mail to APS with a link to this thread in it. I'll let you all know when I do it.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Well, if the reputation for the F-body APS kit turbos gets any worse, do you think they will even be able to be sold?
Good point, I dont think so. Aps will pull its self from this hole I hope I do want one of these kits but for know its a nogo.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

Perfect headline, cause thats exactly what you did. Called them out. and had legit questions. Good job man.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Good point, I dont think so. Aps will pull its self from this hole I hope I do want one of these kits but for know its a nogo.
I'm honestly hoping APS will pull itself through this. I really want one of their kits, just minus their turbos.

Originally Posted by scrapecc
Perfect headline, cause thats exactly what you did. Called them out. and had legit questions. Good job man.
Thank you very much for your comment.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is honestly one of the best threads i have ever seen on here or any site..... aps was on top of the world making these badass kits but then after they pretty much just bent customers over and took their money. if they came out with name brand turbos like stated above they would be right back in the game making a **** ton of money and making people happy with their purchases. this may get me banned or w.e happens but it makes me sick that admins would even let someone like this still be a sponsor on here just to collect a few bucks while peoples turbos are blowing up.. not sure if they still are a sponsor on here but still just some food for thought
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think this is a legitimate thread. very well written, expressing your frustration, yet keeping it civil. ill def keep an eye on this one and see how it pans out. i plan on selling my Z28 next summer, and want to go FI with a GTO and APS was one of my options. this, for me and others, brings this problem to a public statement that needs to stick around. keep this thing civil guys, cuz this thing needs to stay around to see how APS reacts.

look into Kentucky Turbo if you arent dead set on twins. i think they run something like $6,000 for a single turbo installed, but dont quote me. ask them. ive heard they are pretty good guys to deal with.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

my hat is off to you silverado and i hope the members of ls1tech will back you up 110% including the admins.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 PM
FormerVendor

So, APS, what do you say? Will you offer us a kit minus the questionable turbos?
Unfortunately I can't assist you as APS has decided not to produce any further F body twin turbo systems.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-19-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
i think this is a legitimate thread. very well written, expressing your frustration, yet keeping it civil. ill def keep an eye on this one and see how it pans out. i plan on selling my Z28 next summer, and want to go FI with a GTO and APS was one of my options. this, for me and others, brings this problem to a public statement that needs to stick around. keep this thing civil guys, cuz this thing needs to stay around to see how APS reacts.

look into Kentucky Turbo if you arent dead set on twins. i think they run something like $6,000 for a single turbo installed, but dont quote me. ask them. ive heard they are pretty good guys to deal with.
kentucky turbo and performance does amazing work and are some of the best guys in the game. im also going turbo next year and they will definitly be getting a call from me to purchase one
Old 08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by peter@aps
Unfortunately I can't assist you as APS has decided not to produce any further F body twin turbo systems.

Cheers,

Peter
wait what about all the peoblems stated? you do not have a response for that? all the people that put faith hardwork and money into these systems and thats all they get?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

Cheers,

Peter
The F-Body kit is being discontinued? I can't help but think that this thread has something to do with that decision since this is the first I have heard about it. Would there be any chance at all for a limited last run of kits without turbos, possibly a Group Buy situation? I know there is still a market for this kit if the turbo problems are addressed.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
The F-Body kit is being discontinued? I can't help but think that this thread has something to do with that decision since this is the first I have heard about it.
The decision to stop producing twin turbo kits for American muscle cars was made 8 months ago.

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Would there be any chance at all for a limited last run of kits without turbos, possibly a Group Buy situation? I know there is still a market for this kit if the turbo problems are addressed.
No chance, APS is now out of the F Body twin turbo market, sorry that I can't assist you.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

The decision to stop producing twin turbo kits for American muscle cars was made 8 months ago.

No chance, APS is now out of the F Body twin turbo market, sorry that I can't assist you.

Cheers,

Peter
Sorry about my misunderstanding. Like I stated in my last post; it was the first I had heard about it.

As for my questions, they have been answered. Although there has been at least one question from another member that hasn't been answered.

Mods: I know that you guys might be wanting to lock or delete this thread now but please leave it open for people to comment.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Coal Mining Director

Cheers,

Peter
Why are the Vette, Fbod, etc kits still listed on the APS website?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Finally getting an answer is good but why couldn't you (Peter) reply that to the guy when he orginally PM'ed you. Personally, I beleive that is just lazyness when the thread starter (Sorry bud forgot your name) asked a question. It took this whole thread. My opinion, all the best with your company.

Quick Reply: Calling out APS