Old 08-23-2009, 10:25 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great!!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few pics with the carpet and rest of the interior panels. I'll use up the 100 unleaded thats in it making sure the tune is good and then swap pulleys + use some C16 and see what it will do.
Attached Thumbnails Few updates on the Firehawk-rb1.jpg   Few updates on the Firehawk-rb2.jpg   Few updates on the Firehawk-rb3.jpg   Few updates on the Firehawk-rb4.jpg  
Old 08-24-2009, 02:40 AM
10 Second Club

looks great man!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Looks great as usual from you, Kevin. I really think you enjoy building and experimenting more than anything else, which is cool. Bob
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Looks great as usual from you, Kevin. I really think you enjoy building and experimenting more than anything else, which is cool. Bob
Its something to do, cheaper to build them then race them these days..

You been doing anything with the orange car lately, going to Memphis?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Looks very nice kp!

Looks like you had fun with the dash wiring harness. Very clean! But what does the cage attach to that far back? (rear attach points)

I sure wish someone could come up with a way to make the window nets less of a PITA for getting in & out of the car. Or maybe I should go on a diet....
Old 08-25-2009, 01:03 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Looks very nice kp!

Looks like you had fun with the dash wiring harness. Very clean! But what does the cage attach to that far back? (rear attach points)

I sure wish someone could come up with a way to make the window nets less of a PITA for getting in & out of the car. Or maybe I should go on a diet....
The rear bars are attched to the frame rails, right in front of where the bumper support bolts on.

This window net is great, its on a rod end in the back, the buckle is completely above the bar and it swings out of the way completely and doesnt hit the door. I can open and close it easily fully strapped in the car and it can be removed in about a minute if you want to street drive it with nothing hanging down to whack you head on or tear your pants on getting in and out.

Also the side bars are lower than a lot of guys do them, when your seat is bolted to the floor there is no reason to put it up high to be in the right place and thats makes it easier to get in and out of as well. I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I can get in and out with the door on the first notch with ease.

Pic of the net up and down, no problem getting in and out and nothing to hit the door panel of fumble with putting it up.

Last edited by kp; 11-23-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kp
Its something to do, cheaper to build them then race them these days..

You been doing anything with the orange car lately, going to Memphis?
We haven't done anything with the orange car lately, we'll be running it at the track in a couple of weeks. It is all ready to go with the F-1C. I've been trying to sell the orange car, if it doesn't sell, we'll take it to Memphis. Our tube chassis GTO is so close, we just need a little more money...

We're getting Cody's GTO done, the one we put the Moser M9 in, it may be going to Memphis with us. Here is a link to it. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=11

Are you going to Memphis this year with the Firehawk? Bob
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We haven't done anything with the orange car lately, we'll be running it at the track in a couple of weeks. It is all ready to go with the F-1C. I've been trying to sell the orange car, if it doesn't sell, we'll take it to Memphis. Our tube chassis GTO is so close, we just need a little more money...

We're getting Cody's GTO done, the one we put the Moser M9 in, it may be going to Memphis with us. Here is a link to it. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=11

Are you going to Memphis this year with the Firehawk? Bob
I'm going to go this year, kids are off for fall break that week so I'll go. It would be nice to see the Camaro make some good passes before you sell it but the GTO is going to be an awesome car when its done.

I'm just going to have some fun and will probably run in the DR class so I dont have to sit in the staging lanes all day and I can go home early Sunday - I wont go too many rounds with a D1SC and a 347 lol.

Cody's GTO looks pretty cool too, nice work on that one.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kp
The rear bars are attched to the frame rails, right in front of where the bumper support bolts on.

This window net is great, its on a rod end in the back, the buckle is completely above the bar and it swings out of the way completely and doesnt hit the door. I can open and close it easily fully strapped in the car and it can be removed in about a minute if you want to street drive it with nothing hanging down to whack you head on or tear your pants on getting in and out.

Also the side bars are lower than a lot of guys do them, when your seat is bolted to the floor there is no reason to put it up high to be in the right place and thats makes it easier to get in and out of as well. I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I can get in and out with the door on the first notch with ease.

Pic of the net up and down, no problem getting in and out and nothing to hit the door panel of fumble with putting it up.
What is the brand name of your cage and what company put it in for you. I am 6'4" also, 260 lbs My head bashes off the glass sunroof when i wear a helmet.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:22 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by wildta
What is the brand name of your cage and what company put it in for you. I am 6'4" also, 260 lbs My head bashes off the glass sunroof when i wear a helmet.

NRC motorsports in South Carolina did the cage, they are a regular race car chassis shop and do custom cages,

As far as your helmet hitting the glass thats the stock seats or aftermarket seats mounted too high. My seats are pretty much bolted to the floor and I have 6" or more between my helmet and t-top glass.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:05 PM
10 Second Club

Rod end? Nice idea, I'll try that. I've yet to have the net put in. I need to do that & get the cage cert'd so I can go get licensed. I just don't understand the need for a net on a door car with windows.

I guess they wrote these rules before all of us LSx crazies started running singles with our street cars.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Rod end? Nice idea, I'll try that. I've yet to have the net put in. I need to do that & get the cage cert'd so I can go get licensed. I just don't understand the need for a net on a door car with windows.

I guess they wrote these rules before all of us LSx crazies started running singles with our street cars.
Net is to keep your arms and sometimes head in there if the glass breaks.

A while back you could use arm restraints instead of a net but I dont think thats the case anymore.

Just one of those things you have to do.

Quick Reply: Few updates on the Firehawk