Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with 1000+ hp engine.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Frametwista
why do people think he doesn't know what hes getting into it kills me when people dont know anything about someone and want to say things like your getting ahead of yourself and see if you like 600 or 700hp b4 u try 1000.he said what he wants why do u question the man?give him the benefit of the doubt i see this alot on this site im sure he knows it takes alot of money to make these kind of hp#.u dont need 20k to go from 10s to 9s mild turbo setup 650 to the wheels and u can spray a 150 shot that will get u n the 9s and it doesnt cost 20k rant over.good luck
Each 1/10 takes a lot more ponys to earn under 10 seconds compared to a 12 second car, Nhra license, 10pt cage, fire suit, sfi equipment on car.....etc

You obviously have not done it, otherwise you would understand what I was saying. Ask anyone who is a "regular" at any track running single digits......doesn't mater if they are 25yrs old or 60 years old.

And the reason people jumped to "you are getting ahead of yourself" is because this member said he is just getting into American Muscle.......from rice burning FWD cars.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
Each 1/10 takes a lot more ponys to earn under 10 seconds compared to a 12 second car, Nhra license, 10pt cage, fire suit, sfi equipment on car.....etc

You obviously have not done it, otherwise you would understand what I was saying. Ask anyone who is a "regular" at any track running single digits......doesn't mater if they are 25yrs old or 60 years old.

And the reason people jumped to "you are getting ahead of yourself" is because this member said he is just getting into American Muscle.......from rice burning FWD cars.
Im not driving fwd cars I have a nissan skyline that is rwd
Old 08-22-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah thanks for the back up.

im not knocking him or anything im just saying people jump into these builds and then have to sell it because they cannot afford to finish it. ive spent about 8-9k on my car and im only running 12.1 dont think u can just slap **** on and itll work with everything else. heres a little eye opener for what it taks to be a 1000 hp car:

370 turbo longblock: 7000
turbo set up: 6000
tans: 3000
rear end: 3000
fuel system: 1500+

thats over 20gs right there and theres still a ton of more **** u need so please before calling me and other people out, do your homework first
Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Teching In

sorry that i dident write it in english
regards fredrik
Old 08-22-2009, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

I never saw a list of cars that this guys has...did you guys? so he wants to build a turbo V8 that makes tons of power, what is wrong with that. I just don't understand why you guys jumped on him for wanting to build a 1000hp turbo V8. Whats it to you ah?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BAMF
I just don't understand why you guys jumped on him for wanting to build a 1000hp turbo V8. Whats it to you ah?
What's it to me? He asked this board for advice. Being that I have experience with 1000hp LS1 builds I offered my advice. I didn't know the guy had Paul Walkers 10 second skyline lol.

All the the criticism this thread had in it is fair IMO. It costs A LOT more than most think to build a 1000hp car.....and they are very dangerous to drive. If anyone drives their 1000hp car on the street they know what I am talking about......you step on the throttle from a 40mph roll for 5 seconds and BAMN, you are going 120+mph. These cars cover a lot of ground going 120+mph and it happens so fast its crazy. Its not BAD advice to start slowly.

I can honestly say (never thought it would come to this lol) that my car is too fast to have fun on the street with. I would much rather have a 500whp car to cruise around town with.....much more enjoyable than being able to blast to 140 in the blink of an eye.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can honestly say (never thought it would come to this lol) that my car is too fast to have fun on the street with. I would much rather have a 500whp car to cruise around town with.....much more enjoyable than being able to blast to 140 in the blink of an eye.
That's the whole point of a turbo system to me. I can run lower boost on the street and crank it up at the track.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAMF
I never saw a list of cars that this guys has...did you guys? so he wants to build a turbo V8 that makes tons of power, what is wrong with that. I just don't understand why you guys jumped on him for wanting to build a 1000hp turbo V8. Whats it to you ah?
all were doing here is trying to help this guy out. he asked questions and people are trying to give the best advice they can. ninetres hit it on the head with driving on the street. i honestly think its more of a bragging right to say your "street" car has 1000hp because that is not a street car. with 600rwhp you will not be hooking on the street at all. doesnt matter with all the bullshit prep and all that. that hp level is meant for the track. i have not seen you put anything helpful in here and all you do is put down the advice ninetres and myself are to give. i have never been in a 1000rwhp car before but i have been in a 800rwhp car and that is crazy power. i think im done with this thread now but good luck to the original poster
Old 08-23-2009, 03:43 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

To be fair...most answers can be found in here with some searching.

Building 1000bhp isnt overly difficult, although sourcing all the parts at good prices if piecing it together yourself can be awkward. If you can get a single oulet to supply everything, and work up a good rapport with them, its always better. Certainly if you get good customer service from them. It means you'll have good support if there are any problems to work through.

But he does need to state what this engine will be used in, and for, and what sort of traction he thinks will be available.

Having big power can be fun in many respects, but for a car thats used hard on the road, or indeed track ( and I dont mean straight lines ) the upper end of 3 figure HP can just make the car more difficult.

For a road car, with occasional track, I'd say 6-700 is more than ideal. If its more biased towards racing, then **** it...aim high

And also decide what sort of power delivery you want...is it turbo, PD blower ? Centrifugal blower ?
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez, with all the hostility..lets all agree to disagree lol. Your gonna love V8 muscle, i've ridden in a 500hp supra and a 500hp turbo camaro ss, the torque these turbo v8's make is just flat out brutal. I can't imagine a 1000hp ride...dam I get all excited just thinking about it lol. Anyways good luck with your build
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Turboswede
Hello

I have only tuned euro and japanese cars earlier and want to build a high performance v8 now.

I want to build a 1000+ hp v8 engine. What engine do you guys suggests to start the building from ? I want to have Iron cast block, Is there any engine you donīt have to replace everything ? I plan to replace the pistons and rods but want to use the std crank and heads for example.

So please help me wgat std endinge should I buy to build on ?

// Simon
Gmhightechperformance magazine has 15 forced induction combos in there tech article section. Just about all of them are near 1000hp(and more), some are rated at the crank and some at the wheels. The cheapest (IMO) setup would be...

408 shortblock....$4000
CNC'd L92 heads..$1800
intake, valvetrain, etc...$2000-2500
D-1SC procharger...$5000

and if you dont reach 1000hp crank, then......N2O........problem solved!
Can be streetable, can change boost if need be, and only need the juice when u want it!

Quick Reply: Help with 1000+ hp engine.