Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Same PSI throughout RPM with supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Same PSI throughout RPM with supercharger?

Is there any way to maintain a consistant boost level throughout the rpm without slipping the belt? For example, If I pullied it to make 8lbs. at 4k, could I set up a BOV or something to keep it from rising, but still hold 8lbs., as the engine revved further?
Old 11-27-2003, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

You could, as long as you had the MAF on the pressure side after the BOV. You would still be spinning the blower, but it wouldn't be doing as much work as it isn't actually compressing the air to greater psi. More work than just pullied to make 8lbs, but not nearly as much as the higher psi would normally take.

That said, I would just go with a turbo setup if you are looking for adjustable boost.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

I allready have a D-1sc, so thats why I was wondering if its possible. Nobody has ever looked into this?
Old 11-29-2003, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

It just doesn't make sense to do it with a centrifugal setup. If you want constant boost levels, you should look into a roots or twin-screw setup. Otherwise, take the advantages the centrifugal gives you.

It doesn't make sense to try to do that with a Centrifugal SC. You will be spinning the supercharger WAY higher than it needs to be for the amount of boost you would have. Which would mean that you are putting more stress on the SC itself, and you will be losing HP because the engine will have to work harder to spin the big SC that fast.

Quick Reply: Same PSI throughout RPM with supercharger?