Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Kytp tt build

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to the fender well and then I did splices with heat shrinks in the middle of the car by the radiator support
Old 08-07-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll have more pics and more updates tomorrow. (Just got back from Sturgis) I've got the engine in and starting the process of mocking up the hotparts, moving and relocating various components. Getting ready to swap out the t56 for a 4l80e from Jake. It'll have a trans brake, billet converter stalled for street/strip duty. Anyways I'll try to get some of the other pics up that people have been asking for as well. I haven't forgot about ya 98camarod. Gonna be a long week with the concerts and scenery at Sturgis again this year haha.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default pics

Well I've finally got the engine in and the turbos/headers mounted up so I can mock up the cold side and figure out where I'm going to relocate the cruise, overflow, a/c components and get the radiator and fans ordered. Here's some of the pics. The only thing I had to remove to fit the headers is the stock fuel lines (which were going to leave anyways). I'll tell you guys one thing, Josh is a freakin animal when it comes to getting these headers/hotparts to fit. Definitely a superior job on fabricating the headers/hotparts.
Attached Thumbnails Kytp tt build-img_4275.jpg   Kytp tt build-img_4285.jpg   Kytp tt build-img_4287.jpg   Kytp tt build-img_4292.jpg   Kytp tt build-img_4293.jpg  

Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its looking awesome!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man! I relocated my fuse box to behind the headlight instead. Thanks though! You were definitely right about it sucking!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I seen that. Looks good on the relocate. That is by far the worst part of the build thus far. I like working on cars, but I loathed the wiring part of it. Now on to the fun stuff and putting all the goodies on! Thanks for the compliments fellas. Chris
Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
Ya I seen that. Looks good on the relocate. That is by far the worst part of the build thus far. I like working on cars, but I loathed the wiring part of it. Now on to the fun stuff and putting all the goodies on! Thanks for the compliments fellas. Chris
Any pictures on how you are going to have your turbos drain to the pan ? Josh is building me a set-up kinda like yours and i need a few ideas on turbo drain placement...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default turbo drain

Here's the pic of the drain. I had Josh weld up a bung to run the drains to. It'll be a tee with -10's I believe. Should be more than adequate to drain them since they only have -4 lines as feedlines. Hope this helps. Chris
Attached Thumbnails Kytp tt build-engine-build-007.jpg  
Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks .HAVE you figured out your radiator fan set-up if not call josh and ask him to send you pictures of what i had made.I think its a cool set-up i tried to post pictures but i cant figure how to do so..
Old 08-19-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm actually going to do a double pass setup. Your setup looks great. I have Josh tracking down some part numbers for a "compact" setup lol. It's going to be tight with that a/c condensor in there. Hopefully we can come up with something overkill. That would be ideal. Good luck on the build. If there's anything I can help with let me know. Thanks Chris
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

:
i'm actually going to do a double pass setup. Your setup looks great. I have josh tracking down some part numbers for a "compact" setup lol. It's going to be tight with that a/c condensor in there. Hopefully we can come up with something overkill. That would be ideal. Good luck on the build. If there's anything i can help with let me know. Thanks chris
:d
Old 10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

chris, any new updates?

i'm going to have mine finished before you! if i don't lose ambition that is.....
Old 10-10-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I have some updates. I was just saving up for the big updates lol. My 4l80e from Jakes will be here wed. I have all the intercooler mounted up. Had to remount the intercooler to make way for the burkhart support. No biggie. I actually was able to free up some space to make the foglights fit pretty easily I think. I still have to mount them up and see. They should just about be in the stock locations. I've got the cruise and the servo mounted up. I had to make brackets for that and make new cables. The servo now resides in the front bumper on the driver's side below the cruise box. Methanol kit is mounted and on the passenger side. I'm mocking up the a/c canister and mounting it on the passenger side under the headlight. I've got all the auto stuff to make the conversion from m6 to a4. I'm still trying to get the realestate issue figured out for the radiator and the pullers along with the condensor though. I'll post some pics here in a day or so. Been really busy at work so it's long winded like the whole freakin build. I'm ready to be done. Good luck and let me know how the m6 goes. Thanks Chris
Old 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya I have some updates. I was just saving up for the big updates lol. My 4l80e from Jakes will be here wed. I have all the intercooler mounted up. Had to remount the intercooler to make way for the burkhart support. No biggie. I actually was able to free up some space to make the foglights fit pretty easily I think. I still have to mount them up and see. They should just about be in the stock locations. I've got the cruise and the servo mounted up. I had to make brackets for that and make new cables. The servo now resides in the front bumper on the driver's side below the cruise box. Methanol kit is mounted and on the passenger side. I'm mocking up the a/c canister and mounting it on the passenger side under the headlight. I've got all the auto stuff to make the conversion from m6 to a4. I'm still trying to get the realestate issue figured out for the radiator and the pullers along with the condensor though. I'll post some pics here in a day or so. Been really busy at work so it's long winded like the whole freakin build. I'm ready to be done. Good luck and let me know how the m6 goes. Thanks Chris
Good deal i will have something to copy !!! Thanks!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya it's definitely been a learning experience. The problem is that I have soooo many things to choose from to work on! I kinda have car a.d.d. lol. Engine, trans, fuel, cooling system, relocates, wiring, turbo kit lol. I can't seem to stay focused on one thing most of the time. If you need help or questions or pics let me know. I'll try and help. I just need free time to get it done. I would have been done a long time ago.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Car is done

Thread back from the dead and so is the car lol. It's been a long hard road to the finish since I juggle this build in the middle of a family and business. I will post some more pics when I get time. If anyone has any particular pics they would like to see or have questions on what I've done just let me know. I would like to thank all those who have helped me along the way and answered my never ending supply of questions. Anyways here's the finished product. Doing the break-in now and will haul it down to the dyno if it doesn't snow anymore and permits me to do so lol.
Attached Thumbnails Kytp tt build-image.jpg  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thread back from the dead and so is the car lol. It's been a long hard road to the finish since I juggle this build in the middle of a family and business. I will post some more pics when I get time. If anyone has any particular pics they would like to see or have questions on what I've done just let me know. I would like to thank all those who have helped me along the way and answered my never ending supply of questions. Anyways here's the finished product. Doing the break-in now and will haul it down to the dyno if it doesn't snow anymore and permits me to do so lol.
nice build!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well here's a few pics for those who had questions. I'll have to snap some more for that radiator hose routing.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Pipe routing pics
Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some more routing pics

Quick Reply: Kytp tt build