Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Be for i go to far. take a look and help this build.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Be for i go to far. take a look and help this build.

i sold my z06 and i picked up a 87 notchback as a roller. i want a bad *** street car. i would like to do a 402 with a gt88 and a th400 trans, i want this to stay as a pump gas motor. i think the car will weigh around 3200 with me in it. low 9s should be reachable. right?

this is my 1st turbo car and want to do it right the 1st time. i plan on fliping some 6.0 manifolds around and making a merge pipe. mounting the turbo kinda where a prochrager sits on a vette or on the other side. have a air to air intercooler, and dump the exhaust as soon as i can.

fuel i plan on magnafuel or a aeromotive pump. and some 83 or bigger injectors. i want to use the stock pcm if i can.

as far as the engine goes a feel like the iron 408 is that best way to go, and a few shops all said the same, also wiseco pistons seam to be the winning choice. callies rods and a callies crank, use all arp studs, and i would like to use afr or tfs heads and try to get the compression to 9.0 to 1. can i still use a ls6 manifold or so i get some thing else. this is still a street car so low end still needs to be good.

th400 trans with rmvb and a brake and 2 step. rear gears are gonna be a 2.73 or a 3.08 with a 28" mt dr

hows the spool gonna be with that set up? should i go bigger smaller? change any thing? all input will be apreachited