Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Aps guys poly motor mount questions and vibrations..

Old 11-16-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Aps guys poly motor mount questions and vibrations..

Have some vibration issues in my car. Seems worse higher up I go. I realize it could be lots of things and have been trying to eliminate things that could be doing it. So far have changed out rims and tires, put rubber trans mount on instead of poly trans mount. I have tried to level the back of trans to driveshaft and set pinion angle to negative one.
I have changed out exhaust recently to corsa catback.
But still having vibration as said gets worse past 60mph but think its still there some below that speed.

Will be checking driveshaft balance.I did add on a turbo 400 yoke and change up u joint and didn't rebalance it. It was strange driveshaft that got for the dana 60 swap then had to change out yoke for the 4l80 swap.Heard some strange are not balanced too great .

I have some interference from where bmr torque arm hits tunnel. Moved rearend over a bit with panhard but think it still hits. Have to dent tunnel I think a bit.

Anyway wondering how much vibration you fellow aps guys are noticing with the poly trans mounts that come with the aps kit.

I am wondering if possibly could go to stock rubber again and then mabye turnbuckle solution like seen sometimes. But also wonder if maybe the rubber mounts would take the heat. Even wondering if solild mounts might be better especially maybe if the poly is still allowing maybe contacif the engine can still twist a bit with poly..its very close in their with passenger turbo ,and not sure where else for point of contact if the engine is still twisting a bit .
Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Been doing some more research. These things are pretty common. Summit has one that has removable part so you can drive it around on street normal then put in part for racing.
Also seen some guys use tie down not solid metal,some guys make this from turnbuckles ,some use chains with rubber covering. Still wondering if the stock mounts will melt from the heat of the turbos.

Here is pic of summit one..

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...82+4294840126+ 4294889096+115&autoview=sku
Old 11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Messed on car today. Took out driveshaft and driveshaft shop said it was out of balance quite a bit. Try that out shortly. Shimmed over front of bmr torque arm on the crossmember mount and dropped instant center a hole down. Think it will clear now. Rest pinion angle on adjustable torque arm to negative 1 bmr recommendation for auto car..
Also might have had some contact with the corsa in back on the brace that runs across car under panhard. And put front bolts in shifter just had two in there . Front two go thru the plate made to fill the t56 tunnel hole for the 4l80 swap.

So try car tonite and see how things are for vibes. If they are still not to my liking going propably try the following and may do these things anyway. ..Fluidampr balancer..
Carbon fiber driveshaft and then take out the poly engine mounts and go to rubber with torque strap.
Possibly even change out poly torque arm mount for rubber one. I want my car as vibe free as possible. Must be getting old! ..Ok am old..
Old 11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torqe arm fix

You know what i had to do with my BMR torqe arm on my S60?.I used the swivel eye ends off of my Global West torqe arm because the solid ones that come with the BMR dont line up with the tunnel brace when useing the S60 as you REALLY have to pull the torqe arm over (REALLY)towards the passanger side to get it to line up with the tunnel brace shackle,which i didnt like because it put a side load on the eye ends and the shackle itself.By swivel,,, i mean like BMR the lower control arm eye ends that have that half moon piviting center
Heres some pics of mine after i installed the pivoting eye ends,,, its hard to see em in the pics ,,,,but youll notice that my shackle is no longer kicking to the passanger side like it was with the BMR solid eye ends that came with the torqe arm It was a nice easy fix and makes taking it in & out or adjusting, SOOOOO much easyer, because i no longer have to fight the arm in and out of the shackle
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...20end%20angle/

Last edited by barnat; 11-16-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an aps car, 6speed 12bolt stock drive shaft and have had no vibe issues. I did do a 4l80 swap on a friends car and had a bad vibe issue tried lots of things finally found trans mount was grounding out on the tail housing of the trans turned the mount around and the vibe was gone. You can't see where it hits you have to feel up around the front of the mount to tell if it is hitting the trans. This was a stock trans mount on a bmr trans mount relocation bracket for the 4l80.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aps guys poly motor mount questions and vibrations..