Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Regretfully leaving my position at EPP

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by helicoil
Wow Bob, hate to hear this. Sorry for health problems first and foremost, get that straightened out ASAP. Hope it all works out for you and your wife. In talking with you in the past it sounded like you did really well, I was sort of baffled how well you were doing, especially in these times. Curious if business has tapered off and this is a result of the economic issues we all are facing.

You always seemed to be busy, did that change recently on the service side of things?

Best of luck!

Thanks!

We've had slower times at the shop that what we are at right now, and business was starting to look good again after the Holidays. I've been having to cancel incoming jobs for the last several days, since Brent told me about his departure Thursday. Brent has been in charge of the shop for about six years for me, I don't have anyone that can replace him and do tuning too.
I've been putting off surgery because there was no way I could take off the time that I'd need off because our phones are so busy. Without having to do quotes for the service side, take care of the service billing, making sure I have the parts needed for the incoming job, etc, it will help me out for the time being.

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Sorry to hear about this news, hope all goes well for all of you. Good luck on the new job Brent and hope you and Mrs. Bob get better soon...keep on keeping on
Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy, we appreciate it!

Originally Posted by TopFlite
Good luck to the both of you. Bob I hope you and your wife get well soon. The write-ups of customer performance installations as well as before and after results will be greatly missed..
Thanks, we appreciate it. I will miss doing to install write-ups, I really like doing it. In another lifetime I had worked at MTI, which was an aerial lift company. I was there for 24 years, too long... I started as a welder there, and worked my way up the ladder into Engineering using Autocad. My last job there, I was in charge of a group of guys where we started doing installation manuals for the assembly lines, and the goal was to be able to bring in a new employee to that part of the line, have instructions through illustrations that showed how to do that part of the job without the person being able to read. I liked doing this, and I found doing to builds on my website to be fun as well.

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Good luck to both of you and best wishes to both of your families.... I hope it all works out well.

Thanks, we appreciate it. I am sure it will work out.

Originally Posted by ninetres
Awwwwe man! I really loved reading about your shops builds because of the great pics, descriptions, product choice, and completeness (if there is such a word).

Sorry to hear about the wife Bob. One of my close co-workers has been off on disability for almost the last year with some weird thyroid issue. He too has seen a handfull of Doctors who only seem to feed him pills to no sucess. I too will say a quick prayer for the two of you.

Thanks, I like doing the completeness! The thyroid can throw off doctors, as we have found out. It has been diagnosed as many other things that were wrong with her, and it has turned out into being a long road. Thanks for the prayers, we appreciate it. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 12-19-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well this is good and bad news. I hope it works out for both of you. Wish i was a little better at tuning and i would put in a resume.lol
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brent, good luck in your future endeavors. You have my number, keep in touch. I will see you at the track!

Jon
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Bob you should seriously consider writing a book/journal of your personal experiences and opinions of different combinations of performance products and builds. Everything from motors, forced induction to rearends, you have a perspective and knowledge that I haven't seen in writing except for your posts and builds.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

Thank you All for the responses,

Bob will continue to do well for himself and keep the Procharger and Moser stuff Inline for you guys LOL!
It is tuff to leave a job that you have so much heart and soul into but I guess such is life... Bob and everyone that has worked with us have always been on a personal relationship. From family to bussiness not bussiness to family it has been a great time and there is more to come!

Brent Malone
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

I hope I see you before track TIME JOHNNY!!!

Brent
Old 12-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Teching In

wow. good luck to you.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Good luck Brent, and thanks for the help with my little project!

Bob, you and your wife will be in my family's prayers.

-Coleman
Old 12-19-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Wow. This is sad news.

Good luck, Brent! Thanks for working on my car!

Bob, prayers with you and yours. Hate to see my first and only choice for the future installation of a ProCharger go...
Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Bob you guys will be in my prayers!!
Old 12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

never seems to be a good time for surgery, i need my left shoulder done soon, so i knocked out my stroker swap now (EPP cam sounds good) so one less thing to worry about
best of luck to you and your wife
Old 12-20-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Addict

Best of luck to you both, and your wife as well, Bob.

Jim
Old 12-20-2009, 03:35 AM
11 Second Club

Good luck Brent....

And sorry to hear about you and your Wife Bob best wishes and good luck..
Old 12-20-2009, 07:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thanks everyone, we appreciate it, especially the prayers! Bob
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Teching In

Bob you and your wife to get better so we can go to Muncie Dragway again and race some fast cars. How has Bear been?
Camren
Old 12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CerealKiller
Bob you and your wife to get better so we can go to Muncie Dragway again and race some fast cars. How has Bear been?
Camren
That sounds great Camren. Bear is doing great, he's six months old now and weighs over 90 pounds. We'll see you at the track! Thanks! Bob
Old 12-20-2009, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
That sounds great Camren. Bear is doing great, he's six months old now and weighs over 90 pounds. We'll see you at the track! Thanks! Bob
Bear!!! What is Bear?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mike13
Bear!!! What is Bear?
Bear is my six month old German Shepard pup. Bob
Old 12-21-2009, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Brent,

Sorry to see you go; best of luck in whatever direction you are heading (is it secret or can you say?)

Bob, I hope you and your wife make way to speedy recovery. Give me a ring or email if there is ever anything I can do for you. I will continue sending every Procharger customer to you for parts and kits as well.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luck Brett, Bob yall are in my prayers aswell.

Quick Reply: Regretfully leaving my position at EPP