Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fuel question on 383 blower car

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is a pure race car tuned on 110 leaded without cats or O2's. Thanks for the tips
Old 12-25-2003, 03:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
RaceTronix's,
I have your intank kit in my 98 and your saying that all i should need to support my blown 383 is an MSD boostapump and bigger rails, a regulater and what kind of return system?? I plan on running 8an to the rails and trying to use the stock feed lines as my return. I was told the stock feed was about the same size as 6an. Is that true and will it work?? Your 57# injecters or 66# at our 4 bar system looks like they will work for me. How many sets do you have on hand and how long will they be $59.99 apiece?? Thanks for your time and help.
Kyle
Thanks thats what im looking at...... Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The Aeromotive pumps are WAY overrated. It is not uncommon for a Walbro GSL392 to outflow an A1000. The Aeromotive pumps MUST be gravity fed which means that the pump MUST be mounted below tank level with a -10 or -12 feed and pre-filter. Failure to do so will cause quick pump failure. The motor windings are held together with epoxy which breaks apart from exposure to the solvents in pump gas which inevitably leads to pump failure. The Aeromotive pumps are VERY noisy, draw more current and heat the fuel more. Apart from your lines, rails and regulator the Aeromotive pump is more of a liability on a street driven car than an asset. To some people they look impressive being all shiney red and huge but that is not what makes for a good reliable pump system.

Just wanted to comment on the above - DON'T think Racetronix is just trying to push their products / tear down the competition, etc. I've had experience with the Aeromotive product line as well. Pretty much everything said above is dead on (well, can't speak about the flow ratings from experience, never measured those, but the rest I can vouch for). It is no fun having a pump overheat on you 45minutes into a trip and ending up having to get a tow/waiting for the pump to cool down. It is also a huge PITA if you don't get everything setup up perfectly the first time (12 AN feed, pickup but preferably sump, proper cooling, etc.).

For less hassle a dual intank or dual inline is a a much better alternative - even for a dedicated race car it's one less thing to worry about.

Quick Reply: Fuel question on 383 blower car