9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info. Whats wrong with my FAST XFI ?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the Fast XFI.
You already have it use it.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

Maybe Chris (Z8's), Jesse, or Jake, the three big LT1 guys will chime in.

396ci with a 3.875 stroke, what bore is that? Sounds like a lot.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Maybe Chris (Z8's), Jesse, or Jake, the three big LT1 guys will chime in.

396ci with a 3.875 stroke, what bore is that? Sounds like a lot.
I plan on talking to Chris. 4.030 bore. Right now with my nitrous setup I am spinning it to 8000 rpms.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than 1400+whp, is there a specific goal Tony? Im getting the sense your shooting for something more than a Trophy Dyno Graph lol. You might consider having the block filled completely, and definately hang on to your Nitrous systems, with a turbo that large the gas can be key to spool it
Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
I totally agree 150% on Davids statement!!
BTW, I havn't seen you posting up much David? I hope you are doing well!
Cars.... they are like women.. can't live with them and can't live without them. Money and shop issues (to damn busy) put the car on hold. Should be out this spring. Not even running and I already made a bunch of changes (super Victor, 225lb injectors, etc.) Bought a new add-on from RaceCraft.. http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m..._image&pID=190

Nothing wrong with Tony's choice of computers, I just know the AEM a lot better. Not sure if his computer will do everything that turbos need.

David
Old 01-19-2010, 05:15 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
Other than 1400+whp, is there a specific goal Tony? Im getting the sense your shooting for something more than a Trophy Dyno Graph lol. You might consider having the block filled completely, and definately hang on to your Nitrous systems, with a turbo that large the gas can be key to spool it
I want to hit low 8's maybe a little better. Gonna take some work getting the car ready as well. Right now it is cert to 8.50. I have thought about 3/4 block fill but just wondering how much cool down time I would need after every run and what the temps would be during the run. Good points.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Oh yea. Forgot. The building part is very important, no doubt (the best parts, the best fab, etc). BUT the true key to running a turbo set-up is the tuner. If your tuner isn't worth ****, that's what you get - crap. I have seen it way to many times that car either brakes or doesn't run the numbers. Whose fault is it (usually)?

David
Old 01-19-2010, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Navy David SS
Cars.... they are like women.. can't live with them and can't live without them. Money and shop issues (to damn busy) put the car on hold. Should be out this spring. Not even running and I already made a bunch of changes (super Victor, 225lb injectors, etc.) Bought a new add-on from RaceCraft.. http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m..._image&pID=190

Nothing wrong with Tony's choice of computers, I just know the AEM a lot better. Not sure if his computer will do everything that turbos need.

David
Busy with work is good these day's! That wing is awesome!

I think with a goal of low 8's you could set your HP goal a little lower, depending on the weight of the car.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 PM
8 Second Club

David
The FAST XFI is pretty much the same as BS3 from what I hear. Should work fine. Nice add-on btw!

Oh yea. Forgot. The building part is very important, no doubt (the best parts, the best fab, etc). BUT the true key to running a turbo set-up is the tuner. If your tuner isn't worth ****, that's what you get - crap. I have seen it way to many times that car either brakes or doesn't run the numbers. Whose fault is it (usually)?

David
Tuner part is covered.

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS

I think with a goal of low 8's you could set your HP goal a little lower, depending on the weight of the car.

I want to set it on kill a couple of times and run a real number! 8.0's or better. Then most of the time dial it down a little and have fun. Raceweight is 3400 right now as it sits.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:58 AM
9 Second Club

I want to set it on kill a couple of times and run a real number! 8.0's or better. Then most of the time dial it down a little and have fun. Raceweight is 3400 right now as it sits.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Setting on kill is a good thing.LOL!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The FAST XFI is fine for what you are doing. I am using a FAST classic on my turbo car. There is a guy named Ron Shearer on this forum (I think his screen name is shearer) he is a really good fabricator, and has a lot of turbo knowledge. If you can track him down it would be worth it. I wish I could have bought a system from him instead of making it myself, but it's the way it went this time. I think that there is good advice on this thread. The biggest turbo you can fit is probably the best one . Basically it will cost more than you want it to, but it will be worth it. If you change your mind on the block, I have a killer NIB (Dart/callies/dyers 300m rods/je pistons) short block set up that I have to sell. Losing my *** on it, but it could be just what you need, PM me if interested.

Quick Reply: Future Turbo build........need advice