Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Front Mount Turbo w/ A/C

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Mount Turbo w/ A/C

I'm having trouble with my cooling system. As you know, with the front mount turbo kits (retaining a/c), the turbo takes up plenty of space on the radiator side of the motor. As of right now, a pair of pusher fans were located on the condensor side of the radiator. Anyone that has a front mount turbo retaining a/c, can you tell me how you managed to get a fan on the radiator side of your car? If you have pic's it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trnsfmr99
I'm having trouble with my cooling system. As you know, with the front mount turbo kits (retaining a/c), the turbo takes up plenty of space on the radiator side of the motor. As of right now, a pair of pusher fans were located on the condensor side of the radiator. Anyone that has a front mount turbo retaining a/c, can you tell me how you managed to get a fan on the radiator side of your car? If you have pic's it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Might not be what you want to hear, but I had to cut the core support on mine. I used a Griffin radiator, and an aftermarket/modified a/c condenser. 2 pusher fans on the condenser will be combined with 2 pull fans on the radiator side. I'll post pictures later tonight.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look through summit they have low profile setups (pullers)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ta02zx10r
look through summit they have low profile setups (pullers)
Even so, it's often times near impossible to find one shallow enough that actually pulls any kind of decent CFM. Just my $.02.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but I was suggesting the low profiles (meaning not the shallowest) while already assuming that the radiator support has been cut. There isn't too many front mounts where the radiator hasn't been moved vertical.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Thanks fellas, really appreciate the comments. We ended up placing a 16" fan on the radiator side, along with another fan on the condensor side. Both will work now off a relay and will cut on and off when the temp reaches 180 degrees. I'll post some pics of how we did it when I get a chance.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You ever get those pics by any chance?

Quick Reply: Front Mount Turbo w/ A/C