Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what bearings are you running

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what bearings are you running

what rod and main bearings are you guys that are making 800 plus to the tire running??
Mods: Please leaved this in here because us FI guys might be running different bearing the the NO2/NA guys.

Also are you running a turbo or a blower?? what brand bearing and are they coated or not.

the reson i ask this is i have to put new bearing in my new motor and would like to see what yall are using, this car will see a TON of street time and i want to race as much as i can.

thanks Ricky
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went with Clevite H series coated by SWAIN. The coating is overkill but so is 800+ HP! I have never run a coated bearing before but have always had very good results with H series in high output stuff.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Launching!

I also researched this too... I wanted to see what others preferred. I went with Clevlite H series. For the price you can't beat them.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Bump!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

only 2 responses lol. bump for ya! trying to find a legitimate reason to spend the extra few bucks for the Clevite H bearings and not the Clevite P bearings
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Launching!

As far as the p and h series goes. I believe it is the type of material used in it that makes the difference in the two. I have been told by the machine shop I used and researched on the LS1 forum and it seems like the h series is the way to go. As far as price. I got a h set mains and rods for around $170 off of Egay. The p series was around $120-$150. So for the extra. Why not?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've also heard they're made with a different material.

ah, here we go... what simple search google will do...

Originally Posted by http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Clevite-Engine-Parts/Product-Line/Clevite-H-Series-Main-Bearings/?autoview=SKU
They have steel backings with carefully selected overlays and a high crush factor, plus a medium level of eccentricity. H-Series bearings have enlarged chamfers at the sides for greater crank-fillet clearance, and are made without flash plating for better seating.
but also stated on the P series...
Originally Posted by http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLE-CB743P/
To compensate for this distortion, they have higher eccentricity and a high crush factor. P-Series bearings are built on hardened-steel backings with extra-thin overlays, and their oil grooves extend all the way around both halves for better oiling. Lower sections have dowel holes for use with aluminum rods, and there are extra-clearance variations available with an additional 0.001 in. of clearance.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Ya.... Seems like very little, if any of difference. I guess it would come down to three things: 1.Spending the extra $ 2. Peace of Mind 3. Branging that you have h instead of p series Clevite bearings.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Im running king bi metal for both the main and rod. As far as the p vs h bearings I think it has more to do with what crank your running. With some aftermarket cranks you need the h brearings because of the chamfered edge on the crank you need them for the clearance. Also h bearings can come with the dowel hole but it will be the hd part number.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd go with the Clevite H-Series

Quick Reply: what bearings are you running