Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

cam and computer

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam and computer

hey guys i am currently building a ls1 for boost i am having the block done over to 3.908 i was going to use the 6liter heads and manifolds off the trucks. i havent decided on an intake yet but i need to know what cam is best suited for streetablilty but also to make good power. i also want to run twin ct26 turbos that have been rebuilt with 60-1 internals and a .86 backhousing. as dumb of a question as it is how do i run the maf sensor using twins. i was thinking through the charge pipe like mustangs do however i have the chance of it not reading properly because of the excessive air or i could run it like supras before the turbo but how would that work with twins? thanks guys any help is gratefully appreciated
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

I honestly would just run speed density and ditch the MAF.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

what type of speed density system would be recomended? i also need to know what is a good cam for turbos? i was told the ls6 cam wouldnt be bad but is there anything better
Old 02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Addict

Most tunes are setup to utilize both, I believe at lower RPMs it relies upon the o2 sensors to help make minor corrections so it is in a closed loop state but when at WOT, it goes to open loop. Correct me if Im wrong guys. Im trying to use purely open loop.