Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 180 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks like it is moving. Short shifting at 6K? Why is that
Old 03-04-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
I went with this car first ride outta the shop to Log and watch the computer to make sure everything stayed ship shape as far as knock and timing went. Zombie is giving a few differnet perspectives to show that this car is still 100% streetable yet makes massive power ( even more-so than it did before )

The system is easy to replicate, fits great and doesnt have any drawbacks other than maybe it needs a bigger turbo cause this one spools too fast.

you sure you wanna go there ?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by elias_799
you sure you wanna go there ?
Go where? That turbo spools lightning fast. It was at 17 psi with about 1 second of him going WOT. You seem to be hung up on the RPMs.......apparently not too familiar with how a stalled auto trans works.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ninetres
Go where? That turbo spools lightning fast. It was at 17 psi with about 1 second of him going WOT. You seem to be hung up on the RPMs.......apparently not too familiar with how a stalled auto trans works.
I think Elias is still hung up on where the turbo is placed

Looked like it spooled insanely fast to me
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

i am not hung up on rpm's, every set up has draw backs, especially a rear mount

and i am sry but i do not think cruising at 3500rpm in second gear is a very street friendly set up
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
I think Elias is still hung up on where the turbo is placed

Looked like it spooled insanely fast to me
i sure am

didn't you switch from a rear mount to a front mount ?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:05 AM
9 Second Club

i am not hung up on rpm's, every set up has draw backs, especially a rear mount

and i am sry but i do not think cruising at 3500rpm in second gear is a very street friendly set up
Did you miss him cruising under 2500rpms going nearly 75mph????? You must have. He has 3 gears dude......lol. You are trippin.

Please tell me the drawbacks of the set-up posted in this video.....and help all the members on this site since you seem to know how to make a 800ish whp car spool to 17psi faster than 1 second.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Did you miss him cruising under 2500rpms going nearly 75mph????? You must have. He has 3 gears dude......lol. You are trippin.

Please tell me the drawbacks of the set-up posted in this video.....and help all the members on this site since you seem to know how to make a 800ish whp car spool to 17psi faster than 1 second.
no i did not see the rpm go lower then 3000rpm. maybe you need to watch the video a couple of more times

the biggest draw back is the hot exhaust gasses cooling by the time the get to the turbo. and i don't care how much you wrap and coat your piping, they will still cool more then they would on a FM set up. you place that same turbo with the same a/r exhaust housing at the front and see how that spools

you can make any car spool in one second, as long as your are in the power band, just like he was
Old 03-05-2010, 12:34 AM
9 Second Club

no i did not see the rpm go lower then 3000rpm. maybe you need to watch the video a couple of more times

the biggest draw back is the hot exhaust gasses cooling by the time the get to the turbo. and i don't care how much you wrap and coat your piping, they will still cool more then they would on a FM set up. you place that same turbo with the same a/r exhaust housing at the front and see how that spools

you can make any car spool in one second, as long as your are in the power band, just like he was
You couldn't come up with a problem with his set-up eh? You can spout off about gasses cooling all you want but if the car spools that fast then gas temperature is OBVIOUSLY not an issue on this car.

Again, maybe you should take some time to learn how a stalled auto works. It pust a car in its powerband NO MATTER WHAT RPM YOU STEP ON IT AT.

And oh yea, maybe you should watch the video again......pay close attention to the "highway cruise" at 45 seconds in......and the "normal driving" at the begining

http://www.streetfire.net/video/New-...ust_739094.htm
Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Go put 28" tires, 2.75 gears, and a th400 in your car and go cruise the highway in 3rd at 75. 75 will be 2500 RPMs.

Nice thing about a stalled auto, you hit the gas, your in your power band.
I see no issue with his setup, it spools faster than my 355 tv75 .96 A/R t6 turbo did. Quit your bickering, his setup works, and works great.

the ONLY downside I can see on this, is having to run an oil scavenge pump.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

You couldn't come up with a problem with his set-up eh? You can spout off about gasses cooling all you want but if the car spools that fast then gas temperature is OBVIOUSLY not an issue on this car.

Again, maybe you should take some time to learn how a stalled auto works. It pust a car in its powerband NO MATTER WHAT RPM YOU STEP ON IT AT.

And oh yea, maybe you should watch the video again......pay close attention to the "highway cruise" at 45 seconds in......and the "normal driving" at the begining

http://www.streetfire.net/video/New-...ust_739094.htm

i found a problem and i have posted about it becasue you asked, if you do not want to listen to it, you can cover your eye's and pretend you never read it.

that is not the video the op posted in this thread, so how was i supposed to see it ?

also to me it seems like the motor starts to build boost at 4000rpm and revs to 6000

Last edited by elias_799; 03-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 AM
9 Second Club

also to me it seems like the motor starts to build boost at 4000rpm and revs to 6000
lol :facepalm:

I'll leave ya alone now.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol :facepalm:

I'll leave ya alone now.

LOL.......I built it....and I have built a few others. Downside? YES.
1. you have to run drag tires.....like at least a 275/60/15

This is a 1.32 housing sx 80......

Yes it goes down the hyway at 2500 at 75. If you didnt know it had 2.75 gears, I would ask, what rock youve been under? It goes through the traps in SECOND. It s a POOR mans 4l80......see. 1700$ th400 that still cruises. Why, cause the equivalent 4l80 costs roughly 4500$, how do I know? Cause Rossler is hitting me for almost that today for my VAN.

At this point, in reality a front mount is NO different. Every front mount I ve ever seen (that I didnt do) wasnt even close to this rear mount. I would guess that there r plenty out there that work very well, but the ones I ve seen always had some part of the combo not right. If there was an equivalent front mount, it would be lighter, cause it prob wouldnt have ac...and if it spooled faster (with its 350 gears cause no else runs 2.75s) it would get yanked, cause it would surely just spin. Traction makes the whole theory at this point a waist of time.

BTW, my ram spools faster....and its front mounted (both) but it spins all four rears. lol..
Old 03-05-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM

i agree with the other guy to be honest...

he is getting on it at 3k rpm.. if you wanna show spool time then show a video of the car at a dead stop.

i know zombie always posts his "calculated" hp numbers but i honestly dont think the car is any where near that. Car just dosen't seem that fast... for a 80mm turbo.
i understand its heavy and this and that but facts are facts.

i'm not trying to bash you or flame you or whatever. I'm just joining the discussion, since this is a forum to discuss things and not just show off.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

damn you beat me !! Hope to have mine finished this next week.

all my intake tubing is the STS 2.25 inch I think, and my exhaust is manifolds & 2.5 inch to the I-pipe 3 inch.

hope to pick up heat & velocity going with my manifolds & 2.5inch
Old 03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1320
At this point, in reality a front mount is NO different.
That same turbo with a spool valve front mounted would still spool faster. However it does look like you all are improving on it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
i agree with the other guy to be honest...

he is getting on it at 3k rpm.. if you wanna show spool time then show a video of the car at a dead stop.

i know zombie always posts his "calculated" hp numbers but i honestly dont think the car is any where near that. Car just dosen't seem that fast... for a 80mm turbo.
i understand its heavy and this and that but facts are facts.

i'm not trying to bash you or flame you or whatever. I'm just joining the discussion, since this is a forum to discuss things and not just show off.
Uh...if he goes from a dead stop....it goes right to 3000(or alillte higher even).......then the limitered.....as the tires go up in flames......

"car doesnt seem that fast" whats that mean? We all know exactly how fast it is......its been running low low lowest 10's for along alomg long time.....its last pass was a 10.001....at 3890 lbs....not a seemed 3890....but an actual 3890. I took off 70.8 lbs that wont go back on....we put fresh tires on...it lost alittle more weight from pipe lenght being shorter. The cold pipe increased in size from a 2.25 at the smallest to 3 inch...The exhuast increased, the valve was reconfigured for better sealing and more open throw. It all added up to a change in the car. It drove well before....it drives fantastic now...basically the same as a t67 car with a .68 housing.

Your right it doesnt seem that fast.......thats kinda the point.....build a car that drives like its stock....but is in fact much faster then it seems. May I show you a nice turbo Van?

This is a discussion.....and thats why its here. If someone wants to build a fast car that drives nice....nice enough that my 65 yr old mother could drive it. And ding ding....not spend a fortune doing it. This car has about 35k in it, which includes the 15,800 price of the car. Are there faster cars? hell yea...I ve got one parked next to zombiess car....and one next to the shop.....but they all make different concessions. Just depends on who is behind the wheel.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
That same turbo with a spool valve front mounted would still spool faster. However it does look like you all are improving on it.
Just think of it as poor mans traction control.....

spool faster.....? It could but then your into it for 1000$ gear selectable boost controller to slow it down.....hmmmmmmm seems like at some point it just doesnt make sense.

Its funny that I just wrote that, cause my family van is about to get a 405 with an s480 and a rossler 4l80e.....and Im said "doesnt make sense" lol now thats funny.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1320
Uh...if he goes from a dead stop....it goes right to 3000(or alillte higher even).......then the limitered.....as the tires go up in flames......

"car doesnt seem that fast" whats that mean? We all know exactly how fast it is......its been running low low lowest 10's for along alomg long time.....its last pass was a 10.001....at 3890 lbs....not a seemed 3890....but an actual 3890. I took off 70.8 lbs that wont go back on....we put fresh tires on...it lost alittle more weight from pipe lenght being shorter. The cold pipe increased in size from a 2.25 at the smallest to 3 inch...The exhuast increased, the valve was reconfigured for better sealing and more open throw. It all added up to a change in the car. It drove well before....it drives fantastic now...basically the same as a t67 car with a .68 housing.

Your right it doesnt seem that fast.......thats kinda the point.....build a car that drives like its stock....but is in fact much faster then it seems. May I show you a nice turbo Van?

This is a discussion.....and thats why its here. If someone wants to build a fast car that drives nice....nice enough that my 65 yr old mother could drive it. And ding ding....not spend a fortune doing it. This car has about 35k in it, which includes the 15,800 price of the car. Are there faster cars? hell yea...I ve got one parked next to zombiess car....and one next to the shop.....but they all make different concessions. Just depends on who is behind the wheel.
well when i said it dosent seem that fast, what i meant is not that it looks like it goes 12.0 but goes 10.0. I'm saying 10.0 is slow for an 80mm turbo.. now i know the car is heavy and all of that but still.

as far as being a street car and all of that... don't you think putting chains in the back of the car to keep the rearend from smashing the pipes is gonna hurt ride quality? i would say so! hitting a bump at 60mph on the highway is not gonna feel very good.

when i built my car i wanted a street car also..... it has full exhaust to the rear bumper, full leather power seats and even had factory brakes at first it was 3600lbs. its now 3500 cause i put drag brakes on it.

Quick Reply: Really quick teaser vid of the new setup on the highway