Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question for APS TT guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question for APS TT guys!!

Just a quick question...

I know some people have had to run oil RESTRICTORS for the stock APS turbos. I'm curious though, are they a necessity or even recommended with the LG upgrades? Or no? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean by oil restrictors? I figure the stock Oil feed Banjo bolt (With its 1mm opening in the side of the bolt) should be good enough. Im not sure though, I drilled mine out a little bit. There is no way im feediing turbos that little of oil.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shoulldn't need restrictors with non ball bearing turbos. Ball bearing need restrictors they don't need near as much oil as the non ball bearing types.

The aps may have too small banjo bolt ,at least on some of the kits. So drilling out might be a good idea.The lg upgrades do come with a bigger hole in the oil feed.

If you are getting smoking with the aps you may want to look at adding a scavenger pump.Turbowerx makes some high quailty ones. Tomz28 is running one .I bought one and not sure if need it going to see how the LG are for a bit.

So don't be putting restrictors in the turbo oil lines.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have'nt. I actually have'nt even turned the new setup over yet. But it's getting close. Just was'nt sure what others w/ LG's were doing. I have not modified anything with the APS kit other than adding the LG turbos and the Turbowerx EXA scavenge pump (well, I did replace ALL the stock hosing they use with some much nicer stuff). Did not modify the banjo bolts.