Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Exhaust for Incon Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust for Incon Turbo

Right now, with my Incon twin turbo setup, I have 2.5" down-pipes going into a 2.5" Y, then dumped before the axle (no muffler). I know I will pick up some good gains by putting cutouts in the down-pipes, but I'm wnderig if it's worth it for me to change all that piping, including the downpipes, to a custom fabricated 3" exhaust with 3" down-pies, or if I will have about the same gains with 2.5" cutouts on my current setup.

Last edited by bluebird71; 05-13-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluebird71
Right now, with my Incon twin turbo setup, I have 2.5" down-pipes going into a 2.5" Y, then dumped before the axle (no muffler). I know I will pick up some good gains by putting cutouts in the down-pipes, but I'm wnderig if it's worth it for me to change all that piping, including the downpipes, to a custom fabricated 3" exhaust with 3" down-pies, or if I will have about the same gains with 2.5" cutouts on my current setup.
Cable bandit would be the guy to ask about this LOL His the INCON master
Old 05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What I'm really wondering here is if I'm already dumping the exhaust through open cutouts, will it really matter what I have for exhaust after that?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No electric cutouts for the win.
I have aps setup the cast manifolds and think they are 2.5 inch downpipes into hooker ypipe then inot my corsa catback. So will add single cutout into intermediate pipe. I know two cutouts off the downpipes would be best but ground clearance would think suck there but did see those new low profile cutouts but for now just run one under passenger seat.
I don't think will lose that much power with way I am doing it. And like it quiet most of the time just idling around and cruising. It is pretty loud on it as it is and with cutout which did have on before with my other catback you could really hear the turbos a lot more ,similar to sts cars with their no muffler thing.

Of course low budget would be to run stock catback and cutouts if you like it really quiet.