Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Foreced induction newb needs advice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreced induction newb needs advice...

Im interested in a single turbo kit for my ws6. I see all sorts of them on ebay, mostly piping only kits between 5-1500, are these total garbage? I have no idea how much turbo kits typically run, I know the supercharger realm is roughly 6 grand for a descent base kit. Anybody have any opinions? My car just hit 60,000 miles, it has full bolt ons and a tune, it is an automatic. Any ideas or kit preferences? Companies you like or dislike?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Ebay kit is ok. Its cheap, and you get what you pay for. The little things add up with it for sure, Im about 7k into my turbo setup but Ive also done alot of preventative stuff like timing chain, oil pump, valve springs, pushrods and other ****. You could do it for cheap, but I wouldnt expect it to last too long. You can pick up superchargers used for fairly cheap and those can be done in a weekend easy.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:23 PM

Im getting a DD pickup in the next month and the TA is going under construction so I can make it a monster. I just noticed the Phab turbo piping kits on ebay between 5-1500. Im debating about piecing together a turbo set up. It would be a long process, but I think it would be worth it in the long run. As for a used supercharger, I would probably jump all over that deal too. I guess Ill just have to see what presents itself to me when the time comes. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Foreced induction newb needs advice...