Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help with vortech v9 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with vortech v9 kit

does anyone have any pics of where the aftercooler radiator, water pump, reservoir go? for the life of me I cannot seem to find where they go. The vortech instruction pictures are much less than helpful. Any help will be appreciated. All I have to do is mount these and do the wiring and i'll be done

also, where are you guys getting the 2.65" pulley for the vortech? the only ones I can find are listed for mustangs or lt1's. Are they the same?

Last edited by moddedta; 05-31-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

what pulley are you running now?
ill try and take pictures whenever i get off work for referance.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Teching In

i'm not running any pulleys yet. i'm still installing the kit. I called a couple places and from what I gather they do not make a 2.65 pulley for the kit. What they said is that they take a pulley from a mustang and cut it down for the proper belt alignment for the ls1
Old 06-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

I thought they did make a 2.6 or 2.65 pulley.
i didnt know that. ill post pictures of my aftercooler setup later tonight.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

ok, sorry for the delay in posting this, ive just been busy.
i got around to snapping some quick pictures today.

and it starts like this;

this first picture (below) shows the 2 hoses from the aftercooler. the top hose goes to that little overflow tank as you can see. now, if you look under that overflow tank you could see another hose routed down towards the front of the bumper. that hose goes into the top of that triangle piece that you have.(resivour?)(also, that little hose from the little overflow tank is just an overflow hose.)

if you look closely in this picture you could see the top of that triangle piece that i was talking about. that sits at the very corner of my front bumper, towards the front passenger tire.(that black box looking thing that says vortech ontop)

picture 3 is a shot of the radiator. the top of the picture is the front of my bumper. it is located just before the airdam. nothing special there really. but i hope i exxplain this part correctly. if you look back at the first picture, you could see a second hose from that aftercooler that leads down towards the cars radiator cap. this hose goes into the aftercoolers radiator.(does that make sense?)

now, i couldnt get a picture of the following but i will try to soon. after the resivour, there should be anotehr hose that connects to the aftercooler waterpump. the waterpump has 2 "legs" the other "leg" gets connected to a hose from the aftercoolers radiator. and dont forget about the pigtails for the waterpump. you need one to be grounded somewhere around there, and another wire running from the battery, to the waterpump.

i hope this helps or at least gives you an idea to lead you into the right direction. if you have anymore questions, or if theres anything else i could help you with, please let me know. ill try my best to answer your questions.

Quick Reply: need help with vortech v9 kit