Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Little help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little help.

Have a procharger d1sc, where do i run my pcv valve to. I had it hooked up the my intake hat. And where do you use vaccum for your surge valve i used the side of my throttle body. I bought the car this way.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry the surge valve is not connected to the side of the throttle body it's connected right behind the throttle body to the intake neck.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

You really should consider a catch can and some form of fresh air source into the engine. This can be accomplished either with a single catch can a couple of check valves and breather filter or oil cap, or it can be done with two catch cans and one check valve.

What you need to consider is that you are not under boost all the time, for idling and part throttle driving you need to still have the intake manifold drawing a vacuum on the crank case. Under boost the intake manifold should be close with a check valve so boost can't enter the crank case.

With a single catch can you would connect both the intake manifold and the blower hat to the outlet of the catch can with check valves on the line so air can only be drawn out (vacuum). The valve covers would go to the inlet of the catch can, and a breather would be placed on the system to allow fresh air draw into the motor. This is how I have mine setup.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply that helps me out some. I do already have a filter off of the valve cover. I don't get any vaccuum off of the intake hat. Does a pcv valve work as a check valve? I'm new to this so I am learning bare with me.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

You won't get vacuum from the inlet hat while the car is just idling, the supercharger is not spinning fast enough to create one yet.

Yes PCV valves work as a check valve to a certain extent. If you want to go this route replace it with a new one as over time they can get gunked up and not seal.