Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts turbo. yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 05:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by transammiller
i agree. a D1 or P1 will be a great choice since you already have the headers and exhaust built. just bolt it on and add fuel and tune it. you're gonna love the grunt of a supercharger but turbos pull WAY harder
I agree, a ProCharger D-1SC has powered a built 347 into the high 8's on a T/A. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darooke
That is normal blow bye. You can help eliminating it with a catch can.
i disagree. blow by causes overpressure of the crankcase and oil to get in intake. not the intercooler piping itself. while a catchcan will reduce oil consumption it does nothing for leaking turbo oil seals. oil in the intercooler is a serious thing and it will only get worse.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a auto i would go with a sts..My father in law is completely happy with his. His is on a 05 c6 and it runs like a raped ape!! however if you are a m6 i would go with a d1 procharger, and it sounds like you have some bolt ons that would compliment the procharger more.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by transammiller
i disagree. blow by causes overpressure of the crankcase and oil to get in intake. not the intercooler piping itself. while a catchcan will reduce oil consumption it does nothing for leaking turbo oil seals. oil in the intercooler is a serious thing and it will only get worse.
yea its just a tad bit tho, what should you suggest i do, im a newb at F/I please help
Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Teching In

its an easy kit to install and you can make alot of power with it,the intake temps are so low compared to front mount turbos.i made 685 at the tires on 11 pounds no meth kit and a procharger intercooler and i am not even punched out yet i got room for alot more boost.awsome street car.it all depends on what you want street or strip.you just have to set it up right.you cant run forced induction on that stock bottem end and valvtrain for to long i would beef things up first if your planning on more than 5 lbs like rods,pistons,rocker arms,lifters,pushrods.my motor only lasted for about 4 months on 5 lbs before i did a full build.

Quick Reply: sts turbo. yes or no?