Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Another cooling problem Griffin FM Turbo...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Another cooling problem Griffin FM Turbo...

So I have my car at the shop right now its between 90-97 degrees every day here now and they cant do anything with the car because it is overheating when trying to log driving it around.

Here is the history, the build thread is in my signature. Right now I have the vertical griffin that everyone else runs in it, and a single 14 Hayden puller fan on it. That's not cutting it. It cooled better with the stock radiator and the same fan pushing through the ac condenser too.

So now I really want to fix this problem once and for all. I am thinking of ordering a single 14" Spal puller and a 10" Spal pusher to put on the passenger side but I need to know if anyone has done this and if there will be room to fit the 10" fan with the ac condenser.

I don't think I have enough room to run a shroud on the pull side of the rad. due to the turbo location. I will try to get some pics asap. Let the ideas fly!
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

That is a single 1400cfm fan... IMO you need atleast 2400-2800cfm, so going 2 fans is the way to go.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thx, and bump
Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 AM
RCC
On The Tree

I dont have any Fbody experience, but I have a tt vette and had to do alot research and mods to keep it running cool. As far as fans go I would use 2 fans to maximum amount of fan coverage on the radiator. Also a custom shroud around the fans and sealed to the radiator forcong all the air thru it will work wonders.

Can you post some pics of the radiator from the top side and the bottom side as it sits right now?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RCC
Can you post some pics of the radiator from the top side and the bottom side as it sits right now?
I think im going to the shop tomorrow to pick the car up to figure out the fan situation, and if I do then ill snap some pics to post.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

trust me, if you call griffin and tell them you are using that radiator, they will tell you it wont work. They made mine thicker, more rows, and have a steam port on it. but you have to get it "custom" built.

is your steam port hooked up??
Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
trust me, if you call griffin and tell them you are using that radiator, they will tell you it wont work. They made mine thicker, more rows, and have a steam port on it. but you have to get it "custom" built.

is your steam port hooked up??
Yea I had one put in it, but form all the people on here running one, I know it will work. I just don't how I can fit the fans it needs on my setup because the placement of the turbo is real bad.

Quick Reply: Another cooling problem Griffin FM Turbo...