Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Difference in "eBay" single turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Difference in "eBay" single turbo kits?

Im really tearing into the research for my buildup ahead of time.

I figure the less money I burn making stupid mistakes, the more I can spend on something I need, and I figure there'll be lots of those items.

So my question is:

"I know theres an obvious difference in the kits from looking at the routing and tubing bends, but which one do you guys honestly think is the better buy?

I know there are rules about directing me off the site, I respect that, but I'm just wanting to know which one is the better pick in your guys opinion. I'm leaning towards the one for 525.00.

I know that there are better turbo kits, and thats an understatement im positive, but I cant afford the Modular Turbo Kit that I want right now (hi rob!!! its brett, the guy with the GTO, Lightning, SS, and old ram! hows your GSX doin? ) so I'm going to build a budget kit to cut my teeth on and cuss at...

I want the budget approach this time around so I can afford to build a badass chassis and support setup so it'll be worth of the modular kit when I decide to build a nasty long block worthy of the modular kit.

so....

any opinions?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, and I know theres a lot of modification required, and tweaking, and re-engineering, and wrapping and coating, and et cetera.

Just looking for the opinion on the better foundation kit, thas'sall

THANKS GUYS!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

I did a lot of researching before deciding I wanted to go "budget turbo build" over H/C/I and from most of the threads I ran across, the ebay kits were often troublesome, and I went with the "truck manifold" option.

There's an excellent sticky at the top of the page that should tell you most that you need to know.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ifold-kit.html

I have less money in my turbo, hot side plumbing, intercooler, cold side plumbing, 317 heads, and LS6 cam than it would have cost me to buy some nice LS6 CNC'd heads/cam/and intake and will probably make a lot more power. I have yet to build my fuel system, but I had a rough calculation of $3500 for the heads/cam/intake manifold & throttle body I wanted, and I will come in well under that.

Keeping an eye on the classifieds and snagging up the parts you need whenever you run across a good deal can save you some money in the long run as well.

Last edited by evo462; 07-23-2010 at 07:02 PM.