Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What intercooler are you guys running

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What intercooler are you guys running

Im starting my latest build and im very new to this forced induction stuff ( nitrous was my friend). its going to be a forged lq9 with a s475. Ive done alot of searching and seen alot of setups. I was just curious as to what you guys would recommend for a intercooler.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

A lot of people use the units commonly available on eBay, CXRacing I believe. Another popular type is the Mishimoto. I believe the G Line is what fits our cars. That's what I have. Here is a link that explains all about intercooler theory, design, construction etc. http://www.turboneticsinc.com/sites/...tercooling.pdf

I installed my Mishimoto G Line pretty easily and have pics if you're interested. I've seen some guys remove a large section of the front bumper support and install the intercooler inside the remaining support bracket. I didn't find that to be necessary and instead made simple brackets from heavy gauge Home Depot sheet metal.

I'm still gathering data and getting other bugs worked out so I don't have any solid IAT data for you. If money was no object I'd probably look at the Spearco's.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

ebay.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to go with a high quality core get a Garrett. Shearer makes a sweet setup using a 24x12x4.5 Garrett core. That being said, for a streetcar on a budget, the cheap Ebay units work great.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cxracing cooler, it comes out of my blower at 280ish and the intercooler brings it down to 130s, then meth on top of that
Old 08-15-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have a 6.0 with s475 as well, and i use the cxracing a2w intercooler (1200 hp version) and a "heat exchanger" almost as big as my radiator.....idk what the temp coming out of the turbo is but my iat's are only 5-10 degrees above ambiant

Quick Reply: What intercooler are you guys running