Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

help wiring turbo timer

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help wiring turbo timer

i just put twin 47s on my s10. the turbos are under the cab and there are no check valves in the oil lines. also there is no room to put a sump of any kind due to ground clearance. i got a hks turbo timer (dont know exactly what kind but im 80% sure its an older hks type 0) that i want to use to keep the oil from pooling up in the turbo housings when the truck is turned off. i searched how to wire this but have not found anything yet. i dont want the turbo timer to keep the truck running but rather keep the scavenge pump running when the truck is turned off to get the oil out of the housings. can anyone tell me how to wire this thing to do that? thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails help wiring turbo timer-img_20100910_120629.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easier thing in my eyes is dont beat the **** out of the truck right before you turn it off.... and if ya do.... sit there for 20-30 sec and thats all ya need...
Old 09-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you cut the truck off the oil lines are still pressurized and the pump seals off. The turbo shop I was talking to (they will remain unnamed) said that this is what was causing oil to leak out of the housings when the truck is turned off. When I manually activate the scavenge pump for 30-45 sec after I turn the truck off I get no leaks. And I have not taken the truck out for anything other than a test drive where I never got on it so I have not got the chance to beat on it yet.

Quick Reply: help wiring turbo timer