Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo an A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo an A/C

Anyone running a single or twin setup and A/C? Is there a way to keep the A/C if lets say I use a tubular K-Member and hack the hood to make space so that I can run the hotside of the turbo over the top by flipping the truck manifolds upside down.
I live in South Texas so keeping the A/C if possible would be helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think kentuky turbo has a turbo kit that retains AC.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

several possibilities out there, especially if you swap for a custom kmember like the bmr one for turbos.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TrippyJoey
Anyone running a single or twin setup and A/C? Is there a way to keep the A/C if lets say I use a tubular K-Member and hack the hood to make space so that I can run the hotside of the turbo over the top by flipping the truck manifolds upside down.
I live in South Texas so keeping the A/C if possible would be helpful.
Plenty of options that don't require hacking the hood.

KYTP
APS
C6/Truck Manifold
STS

Depending on what you want to due with regards to your cooling system, core support, battery relocation, k-member, etc etc.

Research, research, research.

Good luck down here, there are a lot of very good fabricators.

-W
Old 09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Getting around the A/C compressor in a front mount isn't your biggest problem IMO. You can always modify the exhaust manifold to come out on a different angle or just make a log for that side. The bigger problem is all the other stuff. If you use a small enough turbo, we can leave everything where it is and no problem. Once you get into a larger turbo that requires standing up the radiator, you start having to make custom lines to reach the relocated stuff up front. Most, if not all of your kits will not come with the stuff needed for A/C components being relocated so you end up on your own.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:09 AM

do a search under my screen name i did a ky turbo build retaining pwr steering and AC in stock locations
Old 09-26-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im doing one right now, im using some combo of stock manifolds or c6 or modified shorty headers, but yeah im on my own with all the AC stuff, some of the lines ill modify myself by cutting and re welding the aluminum parts, and i may need to have lines custom made. but im relocating the radiator and condenser and stuff. hopefully i can get a way with just massaging the lines some.

but yes, im doing a lot of heavy modifications to the car itself, lots of fabrication. search my user name for my build thread.

ps im in Houston so i know how you feel, do lots of research, pm me for links if needed.

Quick Reply: Turbo an A/C