Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How much piping will I need???

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much piping will I need???

My planned set-up - 5.3L, MP T-70, front mount w/ truck manifolds. I'm thinking 2.5" for hot side, 4" for down pipe, maybe 3" for cold side

I want stainless steel for the hot side and mild for the rest. I live close to Woolf Aircraft Products and the friend at work can weld the materials.

How many/ What type of bends will I need for the hot side, & cold side. Rough approximations would be perfect
Old 10-10-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a similar build single t70 with a 5.3 in a nova. I used corvette manifolds. You could probably do the hotside with 3 180s and 4 feet of straight . Get the pro or super builder kit from columbia river mandrel bending. If you can do the coldside from aluminum, do it , it will save lots of weight.

Are you going intercooled or non intercooled?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its going to be intercooled, What year vette manifolds? I have seen a ton for truck manifolds but nothing about vettes.

I may do aluminum, haven't decided yet...
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve000
Its going to be intercooled, What year vette manifolds? I have seen a ton for truck manifolds but nothing about vettes.

I may do aluminum, haven't decided yet...
if intercooled you could look at the intercooler piping kits on ebay that are inexpensive and have all you need.

I used ls3 vette manifolds because the truck manis wouldnt fit in my car. if the truck manifolds fit in your car, use them as it will take less piping to do your build + they probably came on the engine and are free
Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I am starting a turbo build on a 70 nova. How did the ls3 manifolds work? Where did you get them and off of what? Been a ford guy for my whole life and switched over so sorry for the dumb question on what they came off of???
Do you have any pics of your setup? Thanks in advance.

Lance

Quick Reply: How much piping will I need???