Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Drivetrain Issues

Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivetrain Issues

A poster from the Corvette area thought I may have more interest over here. Here is what I posted on there:

Hey,

Obviously I'm new to this forum, but I have developed a stub axle that mates a Corvette hub, I'm currently using SKF 5049s, to a GKN "930" CV.

I am doing this by manufacturing a conversion stub axle out of 300M. It's an expensive part that I use for my racing program, and I would like to know if anyone that is reading this may have a use for this item?

It's probably against the rules to advertise an item on here without being a vendor, and as such I won't mention how much they are, who I am, or where you can find these. All I really want to know is if there is sufficient interest here to take any further steps.

I use this part to mate up to a sequential transaxle in a GM powered prototype car, but am considering making replacement Corvette inner flanges as well if there is a market for this.

Is there really any issue with axle breakage under racing conditions for Vettes? If so I could easily go to a larger 934 type CV with basically 300M material in all flanges and axles that would be good to 1000+ HP if space allows and, again, if there is sufficient interest.

I am already considering doing the 300M output shafts, as that looks like the current OEM weakest link, but are there issues with the half shafts also?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Attached Thumbnails Drivetrain Issues-gtm-31-spl-2-r.jpg  

Search this Thread