Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Shortened End Links

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default APS Shortened End Links

Hey guys, figured I'd throw this up as a thread for reference. I recently bought an APS twin kit (base) for my 02TA and had the issue w/ the sway bar hitting the charge pipes even after starting out with sway bar spacers (approximately 1/2 inch). I did a bit of research for the shortened end links and someone had thrown up a part number 9.8125 from energy suspension. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that (in my case anyways) that part number is not what you want. After taking off my stock end links and comparing them side by side they appeared nearly identical in length. I threw them on thinking perhaps there was some miniscule difference that would be just enough but that wasnt the case (natrually) they still hit. Made a trip to the hardware store today and picked up some stainless spacers (and a washer for each side). I ended up getting a shorter and an even shorter spacer for each side. when stacked on top of each other they come out slightly taller than the sleeve on the stock (or 9.8125 Energy Suspension) spacers but that didn't matter based on the way i installed them. I started out with the longer of the 2 spacers i bought in the middle and figure if thats not short enough i'll flip their orientation. So far so good though, no banging whatsoever even when i try (going over bumps, making sudden rolling stops, cranking the wheel going over bumps, all of which would cause it to hit before). Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you guys are going off that part number listed in some other thread, you might want to confirm the lengths and go from there (or plan on making a trip to the hardware store).

Also noteworthy i was worried at first they would be too short, on my testdrive after the install i didnt notice any negative effects in handling or the way the car reacted (nose dive/lift and so on). Overall i cant complain with the way they turned out. In my pic below you'll notice the end links : left to right - Stock, Energy Suspension 9.8125, Customized 9.8125.

Last edited by dementia; 12-23-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

front sway bars are for girls LOL
thanks for the easy fix most poeple freak out over there sway bars getting hit and make a big deal out of fixxing this issuse. i did the same thing you did but in the end just took the bar out.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need our TT Kmember. It prevents this.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:39 PM
9 Second Club

gettting a kmember to get rid of ths issuse is kind of overkill or someone has to much money in the bank LOL
Old 12-25-2010, 04:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it solves other issues as well
Old 12-25-2010, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

We machined spacers and had to cut/weld the endlinks on KWIKSS's car.

The spacers were something like 3". I remember them being huge to get the charge pipes to clear....

-W

Quick Reply: APS Shortened End Links