Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Carb ready for more boost and better MPG's

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb ready for more boost and better MPG's

Well first off I know nothing about Turbos and Carbs LOL so maybe this might work... Here are a few pics of My Dual Boost ref. power valves billet mod blocks.. Last year the car ran great in boost and at idle just at cruise it was way rich (7.0 AFR E85) not good for MPG's also was running lean at higher rpm's in boost.. so here are my fixes Co2 boost and rpm controlled power valves. I know not many run blow through carbs but i really like it and makes great power...

Old 12-26-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brent Davis set up. Nice, he's doing my blocks right now. I am going to use a hobbs switch instead of the rpm activated switch. My car is a street car. I can see full boost at 3000rpm or 5000 depending on how hard I stab it. I think it will be a little safer knowing that every time I hit a certain psi the power valves will be open. What are you using for an air pump? I haven't decided on one yet. Be sure to post up your results after.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Yup Brent did a great job on the blocks.. I did the rest of the carb and am running it off my Nitrogen tank from boost controller so if i run out out air i will loose boost as well...
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Launching!

love your car and set up, glad people are sticking with blowthrus on the lsx platform keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Carb ready for more boost and better MPG's