Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts for lt1 - how can you tell the differences?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default sts for lt1 - how can you tell the differences?

did some reading on here and researched a few of the builds.

found a sts kit for sale, the guy wants 1k for the setup with no turbo. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth picking up and putting one of the recommended turbos on there (like a tc76 for example)

What I saw in my research is the kits are different and have evolved, how can I tell looking at it if it's an older kit or not?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The piping under the doors on newer ones comes as an actual subframe connector type piping. Other than that I'm honestly not sure.
Not a bad deal if it includes things like the wastegate, intercooler, BOV, etc... Just get ready to modify the **** out of the things that suck about it. Scavenge pump, some of the cold pipe routing, PCV modifications, couplers, clamps, the list goes on...
Old 02-25-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FYI - The old OBD I LT1 STS kits route the cold pipe up the center of the vehicle, where the newer F-body kits give you a modified bolt in 3 point SFC for the driver's side. Both however still go under the k-member; I routed MY cold pipe over the k-member and next to the steering linkage - it was tight but do-able.

Quick Reply: sts for lt1 - how can you tell the differences?