Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

new to forum have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to forum have some questions

hey guys new to forum ...saying hi and have a few questions

I have an 02 ss that is currently being literally overhauled procharger d1sc w intercoolers american racing headers w no cats and magnaflow exhaust. 9 inch rear end with denny's driveshaft and mc cleod rxt twin disc clutch ...the car is a m6 tranny the car itself has 15000 miles on it the question is how much rear wheel hp do you guys think are going to come out of this realistically and also the car is going to have 315 drag radials on rear and plan on running at track when it opens up. what is my best gear option for the rear for all around acceleration and not losing top speed thanks guys oh yeah the car will also be tuned professionally after all work is done and on the dyno the car is stock no bolt ons except for what i mentioned
Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 3.89's in my 9" and love them. I might look to back them down just a touch for my new build as I wont need as much gear. Are you still on a stock short block?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

yes my block is still stock internals and everythimng else
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

On stock internals I wouldn't run much more the 10-11 psi on a really good tune. You should be into the high 500's...maybe a little more depending on efficiency.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

yah my goal is to b in 11 second range with the car ...the people that are building the car are going to tune it but they dont want to run over 7 lbs of boost unless i go forged internals thats what they told me ive dumped so much money into the car i cant afford to rip into motor yet
Old 03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

I would run a little more boost then 7psi. Your only going to want to run a little more and intern, you'll need a retune. I'd run 10psi and you'll be fine on a safe tune. On 10psi with your setup you should be in the 570ish range. 11's will be easy. High 10's are possible if you can drive decently.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
I would run a little more boost then 7psi. Your only going to want to run a little more and intern, you'll need a retune. I'd run 10psi and you'll be fine on a safe tune. On 10psi with your setup you should be in the 570ish range. 11's will be easy. High 10's are possible if you can drive decently.
i guess i will talk with the people that are doing the work i am just very worried about internal engine issues i just sank about 16k into car with everything i am doing and am pretty tapped out. would hate for something to let go but it is a really low mileage car how long have you ran the d isc for and you still have stock internals no heads or cam ??
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 AM
11 Second Club

I ran 853 heads for a long time but had 317's on it last. I had a more aggressive cam and then switched to a Z06 cam. I have well over 60K of hard boosted miles on my combo. When I pulled the motor out it came out running just fine. The major thing is to have a good tune and don't spin the motor to high. Many failures come from the rod bolts letting go because of high rpm runs. It should be a bad *** combo man!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

My opinion for what it's worth. If you can't afford the cost of rebuilding the engine at the present time should something go wrong, I'd shoot for 8 psi of boost. A lot of people have had good results at 9-10 psi boost levels with a stock bottom end, but many have had failures too. All it takes is one tank of fuel that doesn't have the octane that it was supposed to, for a piston failure to occur. Methanol injection is a good option in my opinion to help keep a stock bottom end alive, just don't have your tuner throw in more timing (because they can) with the addition of methanol injection.

I agree with blue00ZZleeper, 3.89 gears would be a good ratio for your combination. Once you go forged and bump the boost up, you'll probably need to go with 3.70-3.75 gears. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Was gonna say what Bob said, I wouldn't run 11 PSI on a stock LS1, a friend of mine with a P1SC at 10 lbs was making ~550, and he blew a piston and is now parting out everything. Somehow, and I'm not sure how, he was able to drive the car home from where he was when that happened. 8 lbs is the sweet spot
Old 03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

8 psi and leave it for now!!! Bob has alot of experience and has helped many here including myself!!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys i will prob shoot for 8 psi its going in on march 28th and everything should b done for april 2nd i will post dyno results hopefully everything goes well could i still b in the 11's with everything i listed in the first post the headers are 1 7/8 for the record i have alot of experience with 1/4 mile racing so launching shouldnt be an issue except for traction
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
thanks guys i will prob shoot for 8 psi its going in on march 28th and everything should b done for april 2nd i will post dyno results hopefully everything goes well could i still b in the 11's with everything i listed in the first post the headers are 1 7/8 for the record i have alot of experience with 1/4 mile racing so launching shouldnt be an issue except for traction
Headers are a little big for the application since it's a 346 ci engine, but they leave room to grow in the future for adding a forged crank and upping your cubes.

You will definitely be in the 11s, especially with experience. Friends mom has a P1SC on her camaro with similar mods as yours, just over 500 hp and her first time at the drag strip she got a best off 11.5 with a stick shift. Your car could possibly be 10 second capable although that might be pushing it. With the right suspension setup I'm sure you could
Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Headers are a little big for the application since it's a 346 ci engine, but they leave room to grow in the future for adding a forged crank and upping your cubes.

You will definitely be in the 11s, especially with experience. Friends mom has a P1SC on her camaro with similar mods as yours, just over 500 hp and her first time at the drag strip she got a best off 11.5 with a stick shift. Your car could possibly be 10 second capable although that might be pushing it. With the right suspension setup I'm sure you could
thats good to know...i plan on doing the forged motor at some point but i wanted to do thngs i could use in the future build for now i just wanted a very fast car thanks for all the help with questions

Quick Reply: new to forum have some questions