Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Low compression forged ls2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You stupid *** I didn't ask for advice I asked for opinions jackass and I didn't shoot anyone down I just wanted people to tell me why raising the CR would be so much better than having it lower we had a very cordial discussion just because I questioned peoples view and offered a different side doesn't make me a tool nobody else said so. So f u jackass
Old 03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frametwista
You stupid *** I didn't ask for advice I asked for opinions jackass and I didn't shoot anyone down I just wanted people to tell me why raising the CR would be so much better than having it lower we had a very cordial discussion just because I questioned peoples view and offered a different side doesn't make me a tool nobody else said so. So f u jackass
Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

OK whatever any tux guys for the replys and ima just see now the low CR works out I will let you all know
Old 03-04-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

OK whatever any tux guys for the replys and ima just see now the low CR works out I will let you all know
And we'll be laughing at the sidelines when the higher CR guys beat you down the track while you wait for your turbo to start spooling so you can feel the boost hit you out of nowhere.

First of all I didn't ask was it a good idea if u would of read my open I asked what did u guys think about it get your facts straight I wanted to hear different opinions and the reason behind them which I got to some extent
Asking if its a good idea and asking for advice is like the same ******* thing

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Why the **** ask for advice, then shoot everyone down who gives it to you? This guy is such a tool.
Thank you!

Frametwistta, you seem to kinda know what you're talking about, but for the most part you're coming across as a jackass. Dschmittie however is not an idiot and has proven himself around this forum many times, look around at some of the questions he's answered. He'll blow your **** away with how much he knows (and I mean that in terms of knowledge) I personally have PM'd him questions before and he's been an excellent help, it sounds to me like you just wanted some confirmation on your setup rather than actual advice from guys who know what they're talking about
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

You guys just don't get it do you?I asked what people thought OK nowhere did I asked for advice or what I should do I didn't say that nor did I imply dschmitte didn't know what he was talking abou we were listing the good things from different sides I don't understand wtf is the problem I thought it was a healthy discussion anyway I'm not for arguing on the fuckn internet so ima leave it as this I know I have a bad bitch and low CR works you guys on here are UN fuckn believable geesh
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for all the BS. I can see where people think you where asking advise/opinion on the setup

I'm getting ready to forge my ls2 I want it to have low compression thinking 8:5:1 so I can run the most boost and make the most power I can using pump gas and a alky kit.What are your thoughts?............so your thoughts
Unfortunatly a lot of people on here tend to get nasty they think someone is going against the "heard" Damn Sheep. Although the Forum does allow us to see what other have done and what has worked for other people. I am just trying to share what I know and what I have seen work.

I wish you the best of luck in your build and hope it works out as you planned. Just make sure spend the ectra money to have a good cam specd out for the motor and turbo combo. This will help spool. Best of luck and hope something I said helps
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ls2 aluminum block is good to 650 whp max... if you are planning to go above, go the cheapest way LQ9 iron block with very thick deck heads, the best way however, is the 6 bolts per cldr set up' other ways your engine will mess up head gasket seal and overheating is the sign and loss of power, water in the oil...
Old 03-05-2011, 02:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMSTER
Ls2 aluminum block is good to 650 whp max... if you are planning to go above, go the cheapest way LQ9 iron block with very thick deck heads, the best way however, is the 6 bolts per cldr set up' other ways your engine will mess up head gasket seal and overheating is the sign and loss of power, water in the oil...
That is simply not true
Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 AM
9 Second Club

you are smoking crack new guy
650 max on a ls2 block is by far the craziest thing ive ever seen posted on here
Old 03-05-2011, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Wow I think this guy crawled out from under a rock and didn't read most of the thread.

For starters ls2 blocks are good for way more than 650rwhp. Also if setup properly and ls2 block with 4 bolt heads can go 7.99 before burn through a sleeve(See Fireball). Also this guys is talking about using an ERL block with a 6 bolt conversion
Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Thx dschmittie yes I wasn't tryn to ruffl feathers but when one jumps on u the whole mob starts in on u but I thank u for your objectivity and for u knowing there is more than one way to skin a cat.anytime u go against the grain on here you're a tool or u don't know what your talking about and what gets me is the people who are bashing people don't know **** majority of the time anyway its all good but Billy Briggs is doing my motor and stenod performance installed and tuned everything so I think it should work.but my thinking just had me pondering lower CR equals more boost on pump and Meth is just for safety I know more CR is good but I like being super safe so I have a big cushion to fight detonation thus low CR
Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

I understand. I personally think a 9.0/1 would be a good safe low CR for lots of boost on pump and Meth. I am sure Billy briggs and steniod would have some good input for you on that CR.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I understand. I personally think a 9.0/1 would be a good safe low CR for lots of boost on pump and Meth. I am sure Billy briggs and steniod would have some good input for you on that CR.
just drop my car at billys shop. they are tunning my car on just pump gas. they said with my CR there is no reason why they cant run 18psi safely. We also talked about how much BS was on this site with poeple thinking they know something lol
Old 03-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Why do people ask for an opinion then question everyones answers as if they were wrong. Seems like most people have a different opinion as you but you feel the need to argue against it, just let the thread die.

Also, these aren't your old iron headed v6's. LS's are less prone to detonation and we run less boost vs. the turbo v6s. What works for one engine might not be the best for another.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Haha ain't that the truth!dschmittie how much HP do you actually think a point of comp is worth
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Me questioning the reasons why
they thought what they thought what's wrong with that I never told people they were really wrong in their opinions some just made it seem like low CR wouldn't b good so I just beg to differ that's all and I'm not saying it would necessarily be the best way to go but for me I would like to do it for the reasons I stated earlier.I also am aware ls motor are a different animal than thegn 6 but c r and boost in the chamber and the effect each has on the other remains the same it doesn't matter if its 1987 or 2011 so its still relevant
Old 03-05-2011, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

You know what next time ill just say please give me your views on whatever is the subject matter is I will never use opinion or advice which I didn't but I guess I can see how people could have taken it
Old 03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Any boost and detonation is bad.
I don't see that much more detonation protection from 8.5:1 to 9.5:1 compression

You said: I'm getting ready to forge my ls2 I want it to have low compression thinking 8:5:1 so I can run the most boost and make the most power I can using pump gas and a alky kit.What are your thoughts?............so your thoughts

Well... you can run less boost and end up with the same max power with a motor w/ 9.5:1 compression. Also street driving it will be more responsive. So I don't know how you don't see the benefits in not bumping up the compression.

It's like have a set of ported LS7 heads sitting next to your 427 but instead you chose to install stock casting ported LS1 heads because you say they can reach 500whp.
But since the motor is done there is no reason you should change your setup now.
And in no way do I think low compression such as 8.5:1 is bad, but I don't think its the optimal compression for a street car. That's my opinion.

It makes no sense you arguing with everyone though, you have your opinion and in your mind your right and in everyone elses mind they are right. They all said for better off-boost driveability is the reason to run more compression. You asked, and you recieved so quit getting so butthurt.

To me, your responses seemed like ones from a guy who made a decision with his motor that he regretted and hoped everyone would agree that your compression ratio choice was perfect to justify your decision.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:17 PM
On The Tree

You don't see much more detonation protection from 8:5:1 to 9:5:1 so in essence your saying 30lbs of boost on 8:5:1 is the same as 9:5:1 on pump gas with every variable being the same u will basically get the same results power boost a r no knock basically there's no difference between the 2 on pump gas?
Old 03-05-2011, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

And dying I kinda got over the BS awhile ago so no hurt butts here I just want it to be positive and lighthearted so please feel free not to mention arguing with people as u would call it to me its me asking why do you feel the way you do u can't question people on here without being considered argumentativ never mind lighthearted and positive thank you

Quick Reply: Low compression forged ls2